Jul 10, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
I don’t know where LeBron will play next season, but I’m really looking forward to his team playing the Celtics. LeBron is usually good about publicly minimizing these comments, but I have to believe this will give him a little extra motivation against Wallace.
Jordan, he never had an off night. He found many ways to contribute to the team, and I’d say Kobe is pretty much the same. You can put Lebron in that category. I think what separates LeBron from Kobe and Michael Jordan right now is that he doesn’t have the attitude or the fight that those guys had. For me, he’s not willing to take over a game, demand a game or just put the game all on his shoulders. I would like to see him get to that one day, but right now, I don’t think he has that. And that’s what Michael Jordan and even Kobe has.
I grew up in the ’90s. I grew up in the Jordan era. I’m a Jordan baby, and to me, he will always be the greatest player that I’ve ever seen play. I had an opportunity to play against him at the end of his career, which wasn’t the same, but I’ve even played against him in practice and had an opportunity to talk to him. But watching him on TV growing up, he’s the greatest player I’ve ever seen.
Wallace is wrong.
I’m not going to waste a lot of time persuading people who still believes LeBron shrinks from the moment, because it’s clearly a battle against stubborn foolishness. But I will leave a few videos as film study for Wallace or anyone else actually interested in getting wise:
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 0
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 8
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7