Jul 10, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
While free agency in the NBA has been in full swing since July 1, players and teams could only reach agreements up until now. Handshake deals.
Starting July 10 those handshakes turn into signed contracts.
Here is a list of who signed where, as of now (these are not rumors, just done deals with ink on paper). We will continue to update this list as deals get announced.
• The three-team Cavaliers trade that frees them up enough money to give LeBron James a max contract has gone through, the Cavaliers announced. Brooklyn gets Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev, the Celtics get Tyler Zeller and the Cavs’ 2016 first round pick (top 10 protected), while the Cavaliers get cap space as well as Boston’s 2015 second round pick (top 55 protected) and the rights to Ilkan Karaman and Edin Bavcic.
• Chandler Parsons was hanging out in a club with Mark Cuban and some other random guys, and signed the paperwork on his offer sheet with Dallas. Got to love that Cuban did that in a club. The two sides talked sign-and-trade for a while but that fell apart and the Rockets now have the offer sheet in hand. That means the clock is ticking at 72 hours to match — if they want to sign Chris Bosh and match Parsons the Rockets have a lot of moves to make very quickly (and they need LeBron to make his decision sooner rather than later).
• Spencer Hawes and Jordan Farmar formally signed their deals to join the Los Angeles Clippers — Hawes gets the full mid-level and four years, $23 million, Farmar signs for two years and $4.2 million total, with a player option for the second year. But really the best part of this is the shorts Hawes wore to the signing.
• Marcin Gortat also put ink to paper on a five-year, $60 million deal.
• Kyle Lowry formally re-signed with the Toronto Raptors and will speak to the media Thursday.
• Gordon Hayward formally signed a three-year, $46 million offer sheet with a player option the third year with the Charlotte Hornets. The Jazz have 72 hours to match and are expected to do so.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 13
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20