Jul 9, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
I figured that meant LeBron’s next step would be meeting with other teams. After all, LeBron hadn’t yet taken any other meetings. He’d just let his agent lay the groundwork.
But LeBron apparently has all the information he desires. He just needs to weigh it.
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
Source: After meeting with Pat Riley today, LeBron James & Rich Paul will not meet with any more teams. LJ will talk w/family & make choice.—
Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 10, 2014
Per source, LeBron James has all the information he needs from teams & will take no more meetings. Will spend next day+ talking w/family.—
David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 10, 2014
Sam Amick of USA Today:
Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports:
LeBron James will take no more meetings after meeting with the Heat, a source said.—
Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) July 10, 2014
Isn’t nice to have so many credible reporters on the same page?
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports previously reported LeBron was considering only the Heat and Cavaliers. This supports that claim. I can’t imagine LeBron joining one of the teams he’s never played for – Lakers, Rockets, Suns or Mavericks – without visiting first. I could see him already knowing enough about Cleveland and Miami.
On the bright side for anyone eager for free agency to kick into high gear, we might be on the way. Meetings in different cities take time, and that’s apparently not happening.
A decision could come soon.
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 0
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 2
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58