Jul 9, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
I figured that meant LeBron’s next step would be meeting with other teams. After all, LeBron hadn’t yet taken any other meetings. He’d just let his agent lay the groundwork.
But LeBron apparently has all the information he desires. He just needs to weigh it.
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
Source: After meeting with Pat Riley today, LeBron James & Rich Paul will not meet with any more teams. LJ will talk w/family & make choice.—
Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 10, 2014
Per source, LeBron James has all the information he needs from teams & will take no more meetings. Will spend next day+ talking w/family.—
David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 10, 2014
Sam Amick of USA Today:
Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports:
LeBron James will take no more meetings after meeting with the Heat, a source said.—
Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) July 10, 2014
Isn’t nice to have so many credible reporters on the same page?
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports previously reported LeBron was considering only the Heat and Cavaliers. This supports that claim. I can’t imagine LeBron joining one of the teams he’s never played for – Lakers, Rockets, Suns or Mavericks – without visiting first. I could see him already knowing enough about Cleveland and Miami.
On the bright side for anyone eager for free agency to kick into high gear, we might be on the way. Meetings in different cities take time, and that’s apparently not happening.
A decision could come soon.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32