Jul 9, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
I figured that meant LeBron’s next step would be meeting with other teams. After all, LeBron hadn’t yet taken any other meetings. He’d just let his agent lay the groundwork.
But LeBron apparently has all the information he desires. He just needs to weigh it.
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
Sam Amick of USA Today:
Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports:
Isn’t nice to have so many credible reporters on the same page?
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports previously reported LeBron was considering only the Heat and Cavaliers. This supports that claim. I can’t imagine LeBron joining one of the teams he’s never played for – Lakers, Rockets, Suns or Mavericks – without visiting first. I could see him already knowing enough about Cleveland and Miami.
On the bright side for anyone eager for free agency to kick into high gear, we might be on the way. Meetings in different cities take time, and that’s apparently not happening.
A decision could come soon.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6