Jul 9, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
There’s not a lot of minutes to go around in the Golden State backcourt. Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson will start at the guard spots, and now Shaun Livingston can come off the bench and play either guard spot. Then there is Nemanja Nedovic and Andre Iguodala can play the two.
Jordan Crawford doesn’t really fit in that mix. The unrestricted free agent will not be back in the Bay Area.
But the Warriors are still looking to pull off a sign-and-trade for Crawford to help him land in a good spot (and get a little something back for themselves), reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
The Golden State Warriors are willing to facilitate a sign-and-trade deal for free agent Jordan Crawford because of their logjam of guards, a league source told Yahoo Sports…
Crawford is receiving interest from the Nets, Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Lakers and the New York Knicks, the source said.
Crawford, who came to the Warriors mid-season in a trade with Boston, is an attacking guard who is score first and not much of a distributor and is an inconsistent jump shooter. The Warriors hoped to find a spark off the bench guy but he wasn’t consistent and worked much better off the ball with Steve Blake handling the offensive controls. It’s not a role the Warriors need but at a relatively cheap price he could help a team and the Warriors can help him get there if needed.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6