Jul 9, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Realistically, the only team LeBron was likely to commit to today was the Heat. He knows them inside and out, and Riley had a chance to sell him on their big additions, Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger.
LeBron hasn’t even met with other teams, leaving his agent to lay the groundwork. I find it difficult to believe he’s ready to choose one of them.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports:
Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
Maybe LeBron simply signs with the Cavaliers soon. Or he could still re-sign with the Heat. Being non-committal today doesn’t take that out of play.
I’d guess LeBron starts taking meetings himself. If he’s not sold on Miami, it’s time to get a first-hand look at what else is out there. That would likely be a multi-day process.
Today offered a chance at resolution, but only with LeBron returning to the Heat. Now, a lot more is on the table.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8