Jul 9, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Realistically, the only team LeBron was likely to commit to today was the Heat. He knows them inside and out, and Riley had a chance to sell him on their big additions, Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger.
LeBron hasn’t even met with other teams, leaving his agent to lay the groundwork. I find it difficult to believe he’s ready to choose one of them.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports:
Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
Maybe LeBron simply signs with the Cavaliers soon. Or he could still re-sign with the Heat. Being non-committal today doesn’t take that out of play.
I’d guess LeBron starts taking meetings himself. If he’s not sold on Miami, it’s time to get a first-hand look at what else is out there. That would likely be a multi-day process.
Today offered a chance at resolution, but only with LeBron returning to the Heat. Now, a lot more is on the table.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 20
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9