Jul 9, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Realistically, the only team LeBron was likely to commit to today was the Heat. He knows them inside and out, and Riley had a chance to sell him on their big additions, Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger.
LeBron hasn’t even met with other teams, leaving his agent to lay the groundwork. I find it difficult to believe he’s ready to choose one of them.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports:
Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
Maybe LeBron simply signs with the Cavaliers soon. Or he could still re-sign with the Heat. Being non-committal today doesn’t take that out of play.
I’d guess LeBron starts taking meetings himself. If he’s not sold on Miami, it’s time to get a first-hand look at what else is out there. That would likely be a multi-day process.
Today offered a chance at resolution, but only with LeBron returning to the Heat. Now, a lot more is on the table.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19