Jul 9, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Realistically, the only team LeBron was likely to commit to today was the Heat. He knows them inside and out, and Riley had a chance to sell him on their big additions, Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger.
LeBron hasn’t even met with other teams, leaving his agent to lay the groundwork. I find it difficult to believe he’s ready to choose one of them.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports:
Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
Maybe LeBron simply signs with the Cavaliers soon. Or he could still re-sign with the Heat. Being non-committal today doesn’t take that out of play.
I’d guess LeBron starts taking meetings himself. If he’s not sold on Miami, it’s time to get a first-hand look at what else is out there. That would likely be a multi-day process.
Today offered a chance at resolution, but only with LeBron returning to the Heat. Now, a lot more is on the table.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 1
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4