Jul 9, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Realistically, the only team LeBron was likely to commit to today was the Heat. He knows them inside and out, and Riley had a chance to sell him on their big additions, Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger.
LeBron hasn’t even met with other teams, leaving his agent to lay the groundwork. I find it difficult to believe he’s ready to choose one of them.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports:
Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
Maybe LeBron simply signs with the Cavaliers soon. Or he could still re-sign with the Heat. Being non-committal today doesn’t take that out of play.
I’d guess LeBron starts taking meetings himself. If he’s not sold on Miami, it’s time to get a first-hand look at what else is out there. That would likely be a multi-day process.
Today offered a chance at resolution, but only with LeBron returning to the Heat. Now, a lot more is on the table.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 15
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 53
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28