Report: LeBron James considering only Heat and Cavaliers

Jul 9, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT

Jarrett Jack, LeBron James Jarrett Jack, LeBron James

LeBron James’ agent has met with the Lakers, Cavaliers, Rockets, Suns and Mavericks. At least one member of the 76ers is trying to lure LeBron, too.

Of course, LeBron’s current team, the Heat, is also in the mix.

But LeBron might have already thinned the field.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, appearing on Fox Sports Live:

By every source I have, there are just two considerations at this point — and that’s Cleveland and staying in Miami.

This shouldn’t surprise anyone.

The Heat opened free agency as heavy favorites to retain LeBron. He’s repeatedly expressed satisfaction in what Miami has accomplished while he’s played there.

Since, the door has opened, and the Cavaliers get mentioned more and more.

At this point, I’d be pretty surprised if he signs anywhere but Miami or Cleveland. If Wojnarowski actually said that, I’d be shocked if LeBron signs anywhere but Miami or Cleveland.

115 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. csbanter - Jul 9, 2014 at 2:24 AM

and today is July 9th. Shocking!!!””

2. program33 - Jul 9, 2014 at 2:34 AM

I hope Lebron leaves. He deserves to have some fun. Playing with youth again will probably
    re energize his game.

• im2gr84u2h8on - Jul 9, 2014 at 2:54 AM

He’ll go back to Miami because he wants to win right away. With Cleveland, they’ll need a year or two.

• jimeejohnson - Jul 9, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Or ten.

• justtoldya - Jul 9, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Not a fan of either team, and to me the cavs roster is looking better then Mia. Wade is not the same as before and bosh might leave for the max if Mia low balls. Unless Mia adds melo, I seriously don’t see how Mia less Lebron has a better roster.

• bucrightoff - Jul 9, 2014 at 8:53 AM

The Cavs barely missed the playoffs this year without LeBron and Wiggins. The East is very, very bad, they’d instantly be the best team in the conference. Who’d be better? Toronto? Indiana? Chicago? No shot, Cavs would be the heavy favourites to win the East.

• patfic5 - Jul 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Neither team beats the Spurs.

• program33 - Aug 9, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I don’t think so.

3. peralez2383 - Jul 9, 2014 at 3:01 AM

He should go back home, maybe I wouldn’t hate him as much…GO SPURS GO

• 6thsense10 - Jul 9, 2014 at 9:28 AM

He should go back to the Heat so your irrational hate can continue to fester

• peralez2383 - Jul 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM

lmfao, I win again

• peralez2383 - Aug 31, 2014 at 1:57 AM

you were saying?

• coldwater32301 - Jul 9, 2014 at 11:42 AM

So your telling me that the “Hate” for Lebron is because he decided to leave Cleveland…Well keep on hating cause he’s not going back to that place…Indeed…

• ursuline86 - Jul 9, 2014 at 12:49 PM

It’s already an agreed upon deal. Why wouldn’t LeBron want to go back home? He repairs his image and gets to play with young talented players. Kyrie is the BEST point guard in the NBA now. Tristan Thompson is a every night double-double. Waiters is a talented two guard who is just getting better. Wiggins will be the next Durant. What has Miami done? Grainger is a role player and McRoberts and Bosh are overrated. Wade should retire while he can still walk. Riley is out of tricks and smoke. The box of rings won’t work this time.

• peralez2383 - Jul 20, 2014 at 5:59 PM

you were saying?

• peralez2383 - Aug 31, 2014 at 1:57 AM

you were saying…?

4. tombstone7 - Jul 9, 2014 at 3:07 AM

What a moron….idiot, rich, but an idiot just the same! The Slave Mentality lives on….Thnx LB. You have proven me wrong. I thought you were intelligent….I lose!

• omeimontis - Jul 9, 2014 at 4:01 AM

He has 2 rings because he left Cleveland. If he had stayed, he might still be in search of his first ring. That is a smart man, not an idiot. He may not have attended an Ivy League school, but he is anything but an airhead.

• bougin89 - Jul 9, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Go to bed, you’re drunk.

5. mungman69 - Jul 9, 2014 at 3:52 AM

I’d be surprised if he returns to Cleveland.

6. fnc111 - Jul 9, 2014 at 5:04 AM

The Suns = best opportunity to win a title

7. buffalo65 - Jul 9, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Miami could go from 4 straight title appearances to 12 wins. Has any player had this kind of power in any league?

8. ravenswhat - Jul 9, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Heat “fans” better start bracing for the lottery. King is gone.

• patfic5 - Jul 9, 2014 at 10:56 AM

They haven’t been back since that last 3rd quarter. It’s cool

9. davidly - Jul 9, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Signs pro Cleveland ‘d be that he’d be ratcheting up the hate in Ohio if he stays with the Heat. Contra Cavs ‘d be that his “legacy” rep ‘d take a hit insofar as what Riles was saying about the greats getting back the title. But if he were to have big success in Cleveland, it’d look like this whole charade — going back to The Decision I — was in the best interest of the Cavs all along, in that his leaving enabled the building of a future dynasty.

10. timb12 - Jul 9, 2014 at 7:43 AM

REPORT: Lebron wants to start on whatever team he chooses.

11. johnc44 - Jul 9, 2014 at 7:56 AM

The NBA wants Lebron back in Cleveland.Their about marketing and sales and they want their best player beloved like MJ not hated.Or maybe it`s just a coincidence that the Cavs have “won” the lottery 3 times since he left including his free agent year with a 1.7% chance.All i know is their have been a lot of coincidences with the NBA lottery over the years.

12. fordmandalay - Jul 9, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Good. Does this mean my Lakers can finally get off the dime and start building a team now?

13. johnheisman - Jul 9, 2014 at 9:12 AM

There are multiple stories everyday on what Lebron will do or might do. In my worthless opinion, I think LeBron is going to make a change. He has had success and I am sure he is comfortable and happy with Miami but to me staying with Miami is less motivating to Lebron than trying to bring a championship to another city. He has made a change before with a goal of winning titles and I think he will again.

I also think Miami is not a big 3, it is a very big 1. I think the best BIG two on any team would be Durant and Westbrook and I honestly would not trade Lebron James for those two for my team.

BTW, I can’t see how Bosh is worth 20+ million. Did anyone else see the finals?

• southbeachtalent - Jul 9, 2014 at 9:40 AM

GM’s tend to look at a body of work not 5 games.

• johnheisman - Jul 9, 2014 at 11:08 AM

GMs do look at everything and they certainly know much more than me, but Bosh Is just not that good. He is replaceable unlike #6. In addition, I think max players getting more than $20+ should be more than complementary players, they should be difference makers. Especially when it matters – like say a finals.

• cwilson6843 - Jul 9, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I actually don’t think the Durant and Westbrook duo is that good. 2 alphamales on the same team doesn’t work too often. They could be great…as soon as they figure it out

14. coldwater32301 - Jul 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM

It would not be a good look for Lebron to go back to Cleveland. Look you don’t go back to the girl that showed out when you broke up with her…(Guy Code 101) and if he does he loses personal cool points… Stand up Lebron they held a public bonfire to burn your Jersey and the owner talked mad trash about you… Don’t go back, I don’t care if you go to the Lakers just not Cleveland… Sincerely a Heat Fan…Indeed…

15. realfootballfan - Jul 9, 2014 at 12:17 PM

This is where crazy letters that your owner wrote 4 years ago is a problem for you, lol.

16. bobbybouche305 - Jul 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM

My Sources just confirmed ..Pat Riley and Mickey Arison heading to Cleveland in multi (12) team trade…

17. chief0727 - Jul 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM

If LeBron James decides to return to Cleveland, then it’s only fair that the Cavs and Heat do a sign and trade. Cavs will send Nick Gilbert and his bow tie to Miami. The Heat will need all the luck they can get in next years draft lottery!

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches