Charlie Villanueva launches ‘Crossroads’ webisode series documenting his free agency experience (VIDEO)
Jul 9, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
Charlie Villanueva is an unrestricted free agent this summer, and he (like everyone else) is waiting for the decisions of LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony before teams will begin to execute plans to fill out their regular season rosters.
In Villanueva’s case, he’s likely to be further down the list, but hopes to prove he still has plenty to contribute when NBA teams come calling. He was used sparingly in Detroit over the last three seasons, and will likely need to work out for teams to show what he can do before securing his next deal in free agency.
Whatever happens along the way should be fascinating, and Villanueva is documenting it all with an eight-part video blog series entitled “Crossroads,” in a nod to where he finds himself at this stage of his career.
Check out the trailer for the series in the video clip above, and head over to Villanueva’s blog to check out Episode 1 in its entirety, which features a conversation with his agent Jeff Schwartz, footage of his workouts, and some of his personal thoughts as he begins to deal with this process.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 25
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 44
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 15
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55