Charlie Villanueva launches ‘Crossroads’ webisode series documenting his free agency experience (VIDEO)
Jul 9, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
Charlie Villanueva is an unrestricted free agent this summer, and he (like everyone else) is waiting for the decisions of LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony before teams will begin to execute plans to fill out their regular season rosters.
In Villanueva’s case, he’s likely to be further down the list, but hopes to prove he still has plenty to contribute when NBA teams come calling. He was used sparingly in Detroit over the last three seasons, and will likely need to work out for teams to show what he can do before securing his next deal in free agency.
Whatever happens along the way should be fascinating, and Villanueva is documenting it all with an eight-part video blog series entitled “Crossroads,” in a nod to where he finds himself at this stage of his career.
Check out the trailer for the series in the video clip above, and head over to Villanueva’s blog to check out Episode 1 in its entirety, which features a conversation with his agent Jeff Schwartz, footage of his workouts, and some of his personal thoughts as he begins to deal with this process.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18