Jul 8, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
On Monday night, Las Vegas was the scene that provided us with a new set of tea leaves to pore over where the future of the Heat is concerned. And depending on how you choose to read them, the events could be viewed as a positive sign for LeBron returning to Miami.
LeBron James & Dwyane Wade had dinner at LAVO in Vegas late last night with some friends before going to Marquee Night Club, a source said.
A spokesperson from LAVO told PBT:
They were joined by a large group of friends from Miami and Cleveland. James and Wade enjoyed items from the LAVO menu such as sea bass, steak and grilled vegetables but stuck to their strict off season paleo diet.
We know: Extremely riveting stuff.
As we mentioned in discussing the latest pretend scenario, where Anthony may be waiting out Chris Bosh to see if a spot opens up for him on a fictional Heat roster, it isn’t as though the players aren’t talking amongst themselves about these decisions, and doing so far more regularly than is reported to the masses.
James is reportedly set to meet with Heat president Pat Riley in Vegas as early as Tuesday, and beyond that, is in town for his Nike Elite Youth Basketball Skills Academy, which takes place from the 9th to the 12th.
The reason for Wade’s presence isn’t as clear, though it seems reasonable to speculate that he, too will be meeting with Riley and/or James more formally this week.
All of this could mean a Heat reunion is in the works, or it could just as easily have been a night out between two friends who have already played their last game together as teammates. No one knows; it’s merely another piece of information to chew on as we continue to wait for some concrete answers.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40