Jul 8, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
On Monday night, Las Vegas was the scene that provided us with a new set of tea leaves to pore over where the future of the Heat is concerned. And depending on how you choose to read them, the events could be viewed as a positive sign for LeBron returning to Miami.
LeBron James & Dwyane Wade had dinner at LAVO in Vegas late last night with some friends before going to Marquee Night Club, a source said.
A spokesperson from LAVO told PBT:
They were joined by a large group of friends from Miami and Cleveland. James and Wade enjoyed items from the LAVO menu such as sea bass, steak and grilled vegetables but stuck to their strict off season paleo diet.
We know: Extremely riveting stuff.
As we mentioned in discussing the latest pretend scenario, where Anthony may be waiting out Chris Bosh to see if a spot opens up for him on a fictional Heat roster, it isn’t as though the players aren’t talking amongst themselves about these decisions, and doing so far more regularly than is reported to the masses.
James is reportedly set to meet with Heat president Pat Riley in Vegas as early as Tuesday, and beyond that, is in town for his Nike Elite Youth Basketball Skills Academy, which takes place from the 9th to the 12th.
The reason for Wade’s presence isn’t as clear, though it seems reasonable to speculate that he, too will be meeting with Riley and/or James more formally this week.
All of this could mean a Heat reunion is in the works, or it could just as easily have been a night out between two friends who have already played their last game together as teammates. No one knows; it’s merely another piece of information to chew on as we continue to wait for some concrete answers.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2