Jul 8, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
On Monday night, Las Vegas was the scene that provided us with a new set of tea leaves to pore over where the future of the Heat is concerned. And depending on how you choose to read them, the events could be viewed as a positive sign for LeBron returning to Miami.
LeBron James & Dwyane Wade had dinner at LAVO in Vegas late last night with some friends before going to Marquee Night Club, a source said.
A spokesperson from LAVO told PBT:
They were joined by a large group of friends from Miami and Cleveland. James and Wade enjoyed items from the LAVO menu such as sea bass, steak and grilled vegetables but stuck to their strict off season paleo diet.
We know: Extremely riveting stuff.
As we mentioned in discussing the latest pretend scenario, where Anthony may be waiting out Chris Bosh to see if a spot opens up for him on a fictional Heat roster, it isn’t as though the players aren’t talking amongst themselves about these decisions, and doing so far more regularly than is reported to the masses.
James is reportedly set to meet with Heat president Pat Riley in Vegas as early as Tuesday, and beyond that, is in town for his Nike Elite Youth Basketball Skills Academy, which takes place from the 9th to the 12th.
The reason for Wade’s presence isn’t as clear, though it seems reasonable to speculate that he, too will be meeting with Riley and/or James more formally this week.
All of this could mean a Heat reunion is in the works, or it could just as easily have been a night out between two friends who have already played their last game together as teammates. No one knows; it’s merely another piece of information to chew on as we continue to wait for some concrete answers.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 17
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14