Jul 7, 2014, 11:07 AM EST
The Memphis Grizzlies want Miller to return but a number of very good teams — Oklahoma City, Houston, Portland — have reached out.
As he waits out free agency, Grizzlies’ free agent Mike Miller will visit the Denver Nuggets Sunday and Monday, a source told 92.9 FM ESPN Saturday morning….
Denver does have a mid-level exception available, though using it would likely put the Nuggets into the luxury tax. The Grizzlies, according to the source, had an initial offer of two years and annual salary between $2.4 and $2.9 million. Though Miller has repeatedly expressed his desire to stay in Memphis, he is also looking for more security in what will likely be his last multi-year deal.
Miller was healthy last season and played in every Grizzlies regular season and playoff game, averaging 7.1 points a game and shooting 45.9 percent from three. Still, at age 34 and having not played more than 59 games in the previous five seasons as he battled a variety of injuries, giving him more than a two-year deal would be foolish. A team that only wanted to offer one might be smart.
Also, hard to see the Nuggets going into the luxury tax. However, if they get everyone healthy next season — Danilo Gallinari and JaVale McGee basically missed the entire season — and with the addition of Arron Afflalo they are an interesting and potentially dangerous team in the West.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 2
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 1
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6