Jul 7, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Rich Paul reportedly wants to steer his client back their native Ohio. But it’s not just Paul. LeBron, an Akron native, has remained close with and empowered several friends from home. His wife, Savannah Brinson, was once his high school sweetheart.
Even after spending four years with the Heat, LeBron still has strong Ohio roots all around him.
That could matter in free agency.
a source who has been briefed on James’ free agency maneuverings told SheridanHoops that James’ inner circle, from his wife, Savannah to his agent, Rich Paul, to his best friends, Maverick Carter and Randy Mims, are unanimous in their belief that James’ best move is a return to the team he played for from 2003-2010.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
As Wojnarowski says, LeBron will make his own decision. But that decision will be based on input from those around him, including his wife.
If LeBron’s family, friends and advisors are really pushing him toward Cleveland, that means something. It just doesn’t mean everything.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 0
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 13
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 0
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 35
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 28
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22