Jul 7, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Rich Paul reportedly wants to steer his client back their native Ohio. But it’s not just Paul. LeBron, an Akron native, has remained close with and empowered several friends from home. His wife, Savannah Brinson, was once his high school sweetheart.
Even after spending four years with the Heat, LeBron still has strong Ohio roots all around him.
That could matter in free agency.
a source who has been briefed on James’ free agency maneuverings told SheridanHoops that James’ inner circle, from his wife, Savannah to his agent, Rich Paul, to his best friends, Maverick Carter and Randy Mims, are unanimous in their belief that James’ best move is a return to the team he played for from 2003-2010.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
As Wojnarowski says, LeBron will make his own decision. But that decision will be based on input from those around him, including his wife.
If LeBron’s family, friends and advisors are really pushing him toward Cleveland, that means something. It just doesn’t mean everything.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16