Jul 7, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Rich Paul reportedly wants to steer his client back their native Ohio. But it’s not just Paul. LeBron, an Akron native, has remained close with and empowered several friends from home. His wife, Savannah Brinson, was once his high school sweetheart.
Even after spending four years with the Heat, LeBron still has strong Ohio roots all around him.
That could matter in free agency.
a source who has been briefed on James’ free agency maneuverings told SheridanHoops that James’ inner circle, from his wife, Savannah to his agent, Rich Paul, to his best friends, Maverick Carter and Randy Mims, are unanimous in their belief that James’ best move is a return to the team he played for from 2003-2010.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Within Heat, still confidence they'll keep LeBron James. They know difference between his agent's agenda, and James' strong mind of his own.—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 07, 2014
As Wojnarowski says, LeBron will make his own decision. But that decision will be based on input from those around him, including his wife.
If LeBron’s family, friends and advisors are really pushing him toward Cleveland, that means something. It just doesn’t mean everything.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11