Jul 7, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
Rich Paul reportedly wants to steer his client back their native Ohio. But it’s not just Paul. LeBron, an Akron native, has remained close with and empowered several friends from home. His wife, Savannah Brinson, was once his high school sweetheart.
Even after spending four years with the Heat, LeBron still has strong Ohio roots all around him.
That could matter in free agency.
a source who has been briefed on James’ free agency maneuverings told SheridanHoops that James’ inner circle, from his wife, Savannah to his agent, Rich Paul, to his best friends, Maverick Carter and Randy Mims, are unanimous in their belief that James’ best move is a return to the team he played for from 2003-2010.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
As Wojnarowski says, LeBron will make his own decision. But that decision will be based on input from those around him, including his wife.
If LeBron’s family, friends and advisors are really pushing him toward Cleveland, that means something. It just doesn’t mean everything.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11