Jul 7, 2014, 1:09 PM EST
Rich Paul reportedly wants to steer his client back their native Ohio. But it’s not just Paul. LeBron, an Akron native, has remained close with and empowered several friends from home. His wife, Savannah Brinson, was once his high school sweetheart.
Even after spending four years with the Heat, LeBron still has strong Ohio roots all around him.
That could matter in free agency.
a source who has been briefed on James’ free agency maneuverings told SheridanHoops that James’ inner circle, from his wife, Savannah to his agent, Rich Paul, to his best friends, Maverick Carter and Randy Mims, are unanimous in their belief that James’ best move is a return to the team he played for from 2003-2010.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
As Wojnarowski says, LeBron will make his own decision. But that decision will be based on input from those around him, including his wife.
If LeBron’s family, friends and advisors are really pushing him toward Cleveland, that means something. It just doesn’t mean everything.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17