Paul George drops 33 points, 360 dunk at Drew League

Jul 7, 2014, 7:09 PM EDT

Paul George doesn’t have to sit around and watch the free agent circus in the NBA — his team can’t really do much anyway (save shop Roy Hibbert around), so he decided to play some ball.

So he showed up at the top-flight Los Angeles pro-am Drew League on Sunday and dropped 33. Because he can. And he threw in the 360 dunk above for free.

Best part is, who was George’s Drew League teammate? Nick Young. Don’t believe me?

1. lakerade - Jul 7, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Indy can sign Swaggy when Lance leaves.

2. antistratfordian - Jul 7, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Something about that reminds me of Kenny Walker.

• sonnysuave - Jul 8, 2014 at 8:08 AM

There’s a difference between Kenny Walker’s dunk (motion that allows your arms to do a windmill in the same natural movement with a 360)… and PG’s dunk in this video – which was originally first done by Vince Carter in the dunk contest. But this dunk requires you to do a reverse windmill (opposite natural movement of your arms) in the opposite direction of your body’s 360 motion.

VC’s dunk is pure poetry in motion…and I doubt anyone can imitate the same beauty!

In the same way… nobody could ever duplicate Dominique Wilkin’s unique (reverse) windmill dunk (without the 360)! All have tried… but will never be as pretty!

• antistratfordian - Jul 8, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Oh I know that… but there’s a gangly motion to George’s body that is reminiscent of Walker to me.

• sonnysuave - Jul 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Agreed… I see what you’re saying!

3. chicagosports2014 - Jul 7, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Dat aye boi Georgey, take it to him!

4. bball242322 - Jul 7, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Paul George is just dominate. It’ll be crazy to see how good he is in a few years. He’s already top 3 for best 2-way players in the league

5. jgray30 - Jul 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Dominate? who and when has he dominated?

• bball242322 - Jul 8, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Or how bout the game against Portland when he went off and dominated. Dropped over 40 some points while facing constant double teams…like I said, there’s plenty of examples of PG being dominate, not hard to find

6. furiouslytim - Jul 7, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I hear Roy Hibbert had 0 points and 0 rebounds too #becausehewasntthere

7. jzone954 - Jul 7, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Skip Bayless called PG a “fraudulent star” after the heat / pacers series last year, and
    Even though I wouldn’t go that far, it seemed like he just wasn’t the star people thought he was going to be in the postseason. Heck of a first quarter to the beginning of the season. Also his defense isn’t there. Top 3 ? I don’t know about that.

• bball242322 - Jul 8, 2014 at 12:35 PM

His defense isn’t there??? you kidding me..You obviously don’t know much about PG. Paul George was 1st team all defense this year (above LBJ and leonard) sooo how is his defense not there? He’s only 24, give him a couple years until he enters his prime, then we’ll see what all the haters have to say about him

8. ranfan12 - Jul 8, 2014 at 12:19 AM

that was horrible. he didn’t do the OH YEAH walk after it -_-

9. qdog112 - Jul 8, 2014 at 7:43 AM

33 points? I guess LeBron wasn’t around.

• bball242322 - Jul 8, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Yeah PG put up 37 points and 6 steals against LBJ in game 5…soooo yeah..

Lakers, Celtics among lottery bound teams
Top 10 NBA Player Searches