Jul 6, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The whole process went down about as unprofessionally as possible, with Milwaukee still having Larry Drew in place as head coach up until the very moment that the Kidd deal became official.
This statement seems about as believable as the things Kidd said at his introductory press conference.
As long as the wins come under Kidd’s watch, the team and its fans won’t care about any of this. But it’s not a great way for a new ownership group to begin its NBA business, and Kidd’s been so disingenuous throughout it all that it makes the Bucks difficult to root for under the circumstances.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 4
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 22
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9