Jul 6, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
This was one of the most sure things in what has become a roller coaster free agent period — Boris Diaw was going to stay with the San Antonio Spurs. He loves it there, his versatile game has become integral to how the Spurs attack teams (his offensive game flummoxed the Heat in the Finals), and both sides wanted to go get it done.
The only question was money. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports has the details there.
That’s a fair price for both sides.
The Spurs are pretty much brining their championship roster back, now they are just trying to add a piece with their mid-level exception. The primary target there is Pau Gasol reports Wojnarowski. Gasol would be a perfect fit but has multiple options on the table — Oklahoma City and Miami also pitched him in the same price range, if the Bulls miss out on Carmelo Anthony (and LeBron James) they will go hard at Gasol, plus the Lakers are in the mix (particularly if they land Anthony).
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 7
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0