Jul 6, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
This was one of the most sure things in what has become a roller coaster free agent period — Boris Diaw was going to stay with the San Antonio Spurs. He loves it there, his versatile game has become integral to how the Spurs attack teams (his offensive game flummoxed the Heat in the Finals), and both sides wanted to go get it done.
The only question was money. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports has the details there.
That’s a fair price for both sides.
The Spurs are pretty much brining their championship roster back, now they are just trying to add a piece with their mid-level exception. The primary target there is Pau Gasol reports Wojnarowski. Gasol would be a perfect fit but has multiple options on the table — Oklahoma City and Miami also pitched him in the same price range, if the Bulls miss out on Carmelo Anthony (and LeBron James) they will go hard at Gasol, plus the Lakers are in the mix (particularly if they land Anthony).
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18