Jul 6, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
This was one of the most sure things in what has become a roller coaster free agent period — Boris Diaw was going to stay with the San Antonio Spurs. He loves it there, his versatile game has become integral to how the Spurs attack teams (his offensive game flummoxed the Heat in the Finals), and both sides wanted to go get it done.
The only question was money. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports has the details there.
Free agent Boris Diaw has reached agreement on three-year, $22M deal to return to Spurs, sources tell Yahoo. Partial guarantee on 3rd year.—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 06, 2014
That’s a fair price for both sides.
The Spurs are pretty much brining their championship roster back, now they are just trying to add a piece with their mid-level exception. The primary target there is Pau Gasol reports Wojnarowski. Gasol would be a perfect fit but has multiple options on the table — Oklahoma City and Miami also pitched him in the same price range, if the Bulls miss out on Carmelo Anthony (and LeBron James) they will go hard at Gasol, plus the Lakers are in the mix (particularly if they land Anthony).
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22