Jul 6, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
This was one of the most sure things in what has become a roller coaster free agent period — Boris Diaw was going to stay with the San Antonio Spurs. He loves it there, his versatile game has become integral to how the Spurs attack teams (his offensive game flummoxed the Heat in the Finals), and both sides wanted to go get it done.
The only question was money. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports has the details there.
That’s a fair price for both sides.
The Spurs are pretty much brining their championship roster back, now they are just trying to add a piece with their mid-level exception. The primary target there is Pau Gasol reports Wojnarowski. Gasol would be a perfect fit but has multiple options on the table — Oklahoma City and Miami also pitched him in the same price range, if the Bulls miss out on Carmelo Anthony (and LeBron James) they will go hard at Gasol, plus the Lakers are in the mix (particularly if they land Anthony).
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9