Jul 5, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
That does not look good. At all.
Pierre Jackson, a second round pick in the 2013 draft who split time between Europe and the D-League last season (the Pelicans had his rights and chose not to call him up despite some good numbers), came to Orlando as part of the Sixers’ Summer League team. He was there fighting for his NBA dreams.
Then this happened.
A non-contact injury, just a cut and then clearly a lot of pain in his Achilles.
That’s a rough way to start off Summer League.
On the bright side for Sixers fans, Nerlens Noel looked good — he moved well and ran fast up and down the court, finishing with 19 points.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 8
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 9
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 59
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 65
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 41
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8