Jul 5, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
That does not look good. At all.
Pierre Jackson, a second round pick in the 2013 draft who split time between Europe and the D-League last season (the Pelicans had his rights and chose not to call him up despite some good numbers), came to Orlando as part of the Sixers’ Summer League team. He was there fighting for his NBA dreams.
Then this happened.
A non-contact injury, just a cut and then clearly a lot of pain in his Achilles.
That’s a rough way to start off Summer League.
On the bright side for Sixers fans, Nerlens Noel looked good — he moved well and ran fast up and down the court, finishing with 19 points.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17