Jul 5, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
Thank you to everyone reaching out its highly appreciated….. Pray for me.—
Pierre Jackson (@Pappyjackk) July 05, 2014
That does not look good. At all.
Pierre Jackson, a second round pick in the 2013 draft who split time between Europe and the D-League last season (the Pelicans had his rights and chose not to call him up despite some good numbers), came to Orlando as part of the Sixers’ Summer League team. He was there fighting for his NBA dreams.
Then this happened.
A non-contact injury, just a cut and then clearly a lot of pain in his Achilles.
That’s a rough way to start off Summer League.
On the bright side for Sixers fans, Nerlens Noel looked good — he moved well and ran fast up and down the court, finishing with 19 points.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 0
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 13
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 21
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 7
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64