Jul 4, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
We are just four days into free agency now and it has started to feel like the lightning round. Everything came quickly.
That may slow down a little for a few days. Until the top two guys on this list make their decisions things will bottleneck a little, teams looking at the second tier of players will wait. Just in case. Some role players will agree to terms, but the top guys and the teams chasing them will wait.
Let’s use this little pause and the Fourth of July to take stock of where we stand. Below is an update on our top 50 free agents list, and where each guy stands right now.
1. LeBron James: Unsigned. His agent has conducted meetings (Cavaliers, Rockets, Mavericks, Suns, Lakers) but LeBron has been on vacation. Nobody really thinks he leaves Miami, but if Pat Riley can’t get some help fairly soon… things could get interesting.
2. Carmelo Anthony: Unsigned. Met with the Bulls, Rockets, Mavericks, Lakers and Knicks. He wanted to be wanted, he got that. He’s expected to make his decision early next week (and most observers think he stays in New York).
3. Chris Bosh: Unsigned. Expected to take a pay cut to stay in Miami, but if LeBron bolts he has options.
5. Eric Bledsoe: Unsigned. Remember he’s a restricted free agent, no offers trying to poach him from Phoenix. Yet.
6. Kyle Lowry: Reached four-year, $48 million deal with Raptors. The Raptors came at him hard to keep him and showed how much they wanted him with cash. That’s always nice.
7. Greg Monroe: Unsigned. He’s a restricted free agent, no offers yet, that is likely to change once the LeBron/‘Melo signings happen.
8. Chandler Parsons: Unsigned. Same as above, he’s a restricted free agent, no offers yet, that is likely to change once the LeBron/‘Melo signings happen.
9. Lance Stephenson: Unsigned. The Pacers offered him five-years, $44 million, and he thought that too low. But nobody else has yet stepped up to beat it. Stephenson is learning how much those antics during the playoffs cost him.
10. Dwyane Wade: Unsigned. Also willing to take a pay cut in Miami but no deal yet as the we all wait for the LeBron domino to fall.
11. Gordon Hayward: Unsigned. He met with the Cavaliers and is hoping someone signs him to an offer sheet — he’s a restricted free agent and the Jazz are expected to match any offer.
12. Luol Deng: Unsigned. Another guy with multiple suitors — Atlanta, the Clippers would like to talk to him — but it may be after Anthony signs that his interest from teams really picks up on
13. Marcin Gortat: Reached five-year, $60 million deal with Washington Wizards. The money isn’t out of line with what other big men get in the NBA, but the full five years was a surprise.
14. Pau Gasol: Unsigned. Interest is warming up for him from the teams missing out on ‘Melo. The Bulls, Heat, Lakers, Spurs, Thunder all have interest in him.
15. Channing Frye: Unsigned.
17. Trevor Ariza: Unsigned. Wizards considered the frontrunners but interest is heating up.
18. Avery Bradley: Reached four years, $32 million deal with Celtics. He’s staying in Boston.
19. Paul Pierce: Unsigned. Clippers pitched Nets a sign-and-trade, that died quickly.
20. Boris Diaw: Unsigned.
21. Andray Blatche: Unsigned.
22. Nick Young: Unsigned.
24. Vince Carter: Unsigned.
24. Rodney Stuckey: Unsigned.
26. Darren Collison: Reached three three-year, $16 million with Kings. The Kings didn’t want to overpay Isaiah Thomas so they went out and got another point guard.
27. Greivis Vasquez: Unsigned.
28. Josh McRoberts: Unsigned.
29. Ray Allen: Unsigned.
30. Shawn Marion: Unsigned.
31. Anthony Morrow: Unsigned. Miami and Oklahoma City among the teams interested.
32. Spencer Hawes: Agreed to four-year, $23 million deal with Los Angeles Clippers. He is a huge upgrade for the Clippers off the bench (remember Ryan Hollins and Glen Davis were their bigs off the bench last season).
33. Chris Andersen: Unsigned.
34. Thabo Sefolosha: Reaches three-year, $12 million deal with Atlanta Hawks. Atlanta sees him as a Spurs-style reclamation project — if they can help get his three point shot back they have a “3 and D” guy to plug in.
35. Glen Davis: Unsigned.
36. Danny Granger: Unsigned.
37. Marvin Williams: Unsigned.
38. Patty Mills: Reached three-year, $12 million deal with San Antonio. He is out until January (at least) following shoulder surgery, but the Spurs wanted to keep the Australian pint guard.
39. Jodie Meeks: Reached three-year, $18 million deal with Detroit. One of the surprises of free agency, not that the Pistons picked him up (they could use his shooting), but at that price? That is over-paying Meeks.
40. P.J. Tucker: Unsigned.
41. Evan Turner: Unsigned.
42. Mario Chalmers: Unsigned.
43. Xavier Henry: Unsigned.
44. Jerryd Bayless: Unsigned.
45. Ramon Sessions: Unsigned.
46. Steve Blake: Unsigned.
47. C.J. Miles: Reached four-year, $18 million deal with Indiana. The Pacers have been trying to add shooting, they got it.
48. Mike Miller: Unsigned.
49. Jordan Hill: Unsigned.
50. Caron Butler: Unsigned.
Apr 2, 2015, 1:40 AM EDT
Kaman can expect to write the league a check for this.
Apr 2, 2015, 12:05 AM EDT
Lakers clear roster spot to sign Jabari Brown to multi-year deal
Apr 1, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
Harden leads Rockets over Kings
Apr 1, 2015, 10:42 PM EDT
Did Lopez travel?
Apr 1, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
Cavaliers don’t see big deal in report
Apr 1, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
And he’s playing through it!
Apr 1, 2015, 8:20 PM EDT
Texas reportedly focused on Shaka Smart
Apr 1, 2015, 7:29 PM EDT
Jordan Brand keeps with the Space Jam theme in advance of this weekend’s retro releases.
Apr 1, 2015, 7:04 PM EDT
Oubre a potential lottery pick
Apr 1, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
He’s a bubble first round pick.
Apr 1, 2015, 5:33 PM EDT
He had only played in one of the last dozen Heat games.
Apr 1, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
Seen at Summer League he was project, we’ll see how far along he has come.
Apr 1, 2015, 4:21 PM EDT
Curry is going to win this award. More than that, he’s earned it.
Apr 1, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Anderson has missed the last 18 games due to injury, and New Orleans is trying to catch OKC for the final playoff spot in the West.
Apr 1, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
A 16th during the regular season would mean a one-game suspension.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:50 PM EDT
Stephenson didn’t play in his team’s last game as a result of the coach’s decision.
Apr 1, 2015, 1:10 PM EDT
Not as devastating as the one that’s made the rounds, but deadly nonetheless.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
We know it’s LeBron’s world in Cleveland, but this makes Blatt look a bit silly.
Apr 1, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
This isn’t the first time one of the Clippers has publicly pointed out the obvious.
Apr 1, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
The rivalry continues.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13