Jul 4, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Waiving Salmons offered an opportunity to create cap room and pursue outside free agents, but Masai Ujiri didn’t go that route. He exchanged Salmons’ contract for helpful assets, leaving the Raptors to go over the cap to keep their own free agents.
Jeff Goodman of ESPN:
After shooting just 0-for-5 on 3-pointers his first two NBA seasons, Patterson has developed into a solid stretch four, making 37.4 percent of his shots beyond the arc the last two seasons. His salary might be slightly on the high side, but he earned this by really working on his game.
Toronto retains an important part of its rotation. Since they acquired him in the Rudy Gay trade, the Raptors performed much better on both ends of the floor when he played:
- Offensive rating: 109.5
- Defensive rating: 99.6
- Net rating: +9.9
- Offensive rating: 105.7
- Defensive rating: 104.0
- Net rating: +1.7
No Raptor had a higher on-court net rating.
The only reason I say Patterson might have been slightly overpaid is you can’t take for granted his fit on another team. But for the Raptors, they’re getting good value.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 17
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10