Jul 4, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
LeBron James would make any team in the NBA…
I’ve heard that sentence finished with anything from “a playoff squad” to “a championship contender.” LeBron blends historic levels of individual dominance and an ability to make his teammates better. With him, anything seems possible.
If he listens to Joel Embiid, whom the historically bad 76ers just drafted No. 3 with the expectation he’ll miss most of the season, LeBron could really tests the limits of how high he could lift any team.
If LeBron is getting ready to explore his options, why not Philadelphia?
The 76ers can offer his desired max contract, and out of sympathy for the injured Embiid, I won’t analyze this any further.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 26
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7