Jul 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
The Trail Blazers picked up a new backup for Robin Lopez.
And they got a guy that is going to be an interesting fit in crunchy Portland.
Portland reached a deal with Chris Kaman to come to the Pacific Northwest, something first reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Free-agent center Chris Kaman has agreed to a two-year, $9.8 million contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, league sources told Yahoo Sports. The second season of the deal has $1 million of the $5 million guaranteed, a source said.
Kaman has a history with Blazers general manager Neil Olshey, who drafted Kaman when Olshey was an executive with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Kaman then confirmed it on twitter.
On the court Kaman is going to find this a much better fit than playing for Mike D’Antoni in Los Angeles next year.
On twitter Kaman was having fun with Portland already.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8