Jul 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
The Trail Blazers picked up a new backup for Robin Lopez.
And they got a guy that is going to be an interesting fit in crunchy Portland.
Portland reached a deal with Chris Kaman to come to the Pacific Northwest, something first reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Free-agent center Chris Kaman has agreed to a two-year, $9.8 million contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, league sources told Yahoo Sports. The second season of the deal has $1 million of the $5 million guaranteed, a source said.
Kaman has a history with Blazers general manager Neil Olshey, who drafted Kaman when Olshey was an executive with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Kaman then confirmed it on twitter.
On the court Kaman is going to find this a much better fit than playing for Mike D’Antoni in Los Angeles next year.
On twitter Kaman was having fun with Portland already.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48