Jul 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
The Trail Blazers picked up a new backup for Robin Lopez.
And they got a guy that is going to be an interesting fit in crunchy Portland.
Portland reached a deal with Chris Kaman to come to the Pacific Northwest, something first reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Free-agent center Chris Kaman has agreed to a two-year, $9.8 million contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, league sources told Yahoo Sports. The second season of the deal has $1 million of the $5 million guaranteed, a source said.
Kaman has a history with Blazers general manager Neil Olshey, who drafted Kaman when Olshey was an executive with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Kaman then confirmed it on twitter.
On the court Kaman is going to find this a much better fit than playing for Mike D’Antoni in Los Angeles next year.
On twitter Kaman was having fun with Portland already.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29