Jul 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
The Trail Blazers picked up a new backup for Robin Lopez.
And they got a guy that is going to be an interesting fit in crunchy Portland.
Portland reached a deal with Chris Kaman to come to the Pacific Northwest, something first reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Free-agent center Chris Kaman has agreed to a two-year, $9.8 million contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, league sources told Yahoo Sports. The second season of the deal has $1 million of the $5 million guaranteed, a source said.
Kaman has a history with Blazers general manager Neil Olshey, who drafted Kaman when Olshey was an executive with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Kaman then confirmed it on twitter.
On the court Kaman is going to find this a much better fit than playing for Mike D’Antoni in Los Angeles next year.
On twitter Kaman was having fun with Portland already.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 50
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19