Jul 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
The Trail Blazers picked up a new backup for Robin Lopez.
And they got a guy that is going to be an interesting fit in crunchy Portland.
Portland reached a deal with Chris Kaman to come to the Pacific Northwest, something first reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Free-agent center Chris Kaman has agreed to a two-year, $9.8 million contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, league sources told Yahoo Sports. The second season of the deal has $1 million of the $5 million guaranteed, a source said.
Kaman has a history with Blazers general manager Neil Olshey, who drafted Kaman when Olshey was an executive with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Kaman then confirmed it on twitter.
On the court Kaman is going to find this a much better fit than playing for Mike D’Antoni in Los Angeles next year.
On twitter Kaman was having fun with Portland already.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30