Jul 3, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Since, he’s played just six games as he’s been sidelined due to injury. His next game won’t come for another few months.
There’s definitely been opportunity for him to gain weight.
A couple pictures make seem as if he has.
I wouldn’t overreact to this.
Photos can be misleading. Another one taken a moment later could reveal a different story. The shadow from the life jacket could definitely play tricks.
This picture also could have been altered – I don’t know the original source.
Besides, even if Kobe is fat now, he’s one of the NBA’s most-dedicated players. I fully expect him to be in shape – as in shape as an injured 35-year-old can be – when the season begins months from now.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 6
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10