Jul 3, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Since, he’s played just six games as he’s been sidelined due to injury. His next game won’t come for another few months.
There’s definitely been opportunity for him to gain weight.
A couple pictures make seem as if he has.
I wouldn’t overreact to this.
Photos can be misleading. Another one taken a moment later could reveal a different story. The shadow from the life jacket could definitely play tricks.
This picture also could have been altered – I don’t know the original source.
Besides, even if Kobe is fat now, he’s one of the NBA’s most-dedicated players. I fully expect him to be in shape – as in shape as an injured 35-year-old can be – when the season begins months from now.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 2
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 5
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34