Jul 3, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Since, he’s played just six games as he’s been sidelined due to injury. His next game won’t come for another few months.
There’s definitely been opportunity for him to gain weight.
A couple pictures make seem as if he has.
I wouldn’t overreact to this.
Photos can be misleading. Another one taken a moment later could reveal a different story. The shadow from the life jacket could definitely play tricks.
This picture also could have been altered – I don’t know the original source.
Besides, even if Kobe is fat now, he’s one of the NBA’s most-dedicated players. I fully expect him to be in shape – as in shape as an injured 35-year-old can be – when the season begins months from now.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90