Toyota Center marquee in Houston shows ‘Melo wearing Rockets No. 7, which currently belongs to Jeremy Lin
Jul 2, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
The difference in Houston, however, was that the No. 7 jersey they had Anthony wearing just happens to belong to a player currently under contract with the Rockets.
The Rockets will host Carmelo Anthony and have pictures of Carmelo in Rockets uniforms on Toyota Center marquis pic.twitter.com/2VfycvqlkN
— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) July 2, 2014
— Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) July 2, 2014
Jeremy Lin is on the books for one more year in Houston at a little more than $8.3 million, but his deal is likely the next to go if in fact the Rockets can convince Anthony (or another high-profile free agent) to sign.
Teams tend to go out of their way not to do anything to offend the players currently on the roster. While this is a minor misstep that’s ultimately harmless, Lin probably isn’t feeling great about his place in Houston’s plans for the future.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17