Toyota Center marquee in Houston shows ‘Melo wearing Rockets No. 7, which currently belongs to Jeremy Lin
Jul 2, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
The difference in Houston, however, was that the No. 7 jersey they had Anthony wearing just happens to belong to a player currently under contract with the Rockets.
The Rockets will host Carmelo Anthony and have pictures of Carmelo in Rockets uniforms on Toyota Center marquis pic.twitter.com/2VfycvqlkN
— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) July 2, 2014
— Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) July 2, 2014
Jeremy Lin is on the books for one more year in Houston at a little more than $8.3 million, but his deal is likely the next to go if in fact the Rockets can convince Anthony (or another high-profile free agent) to sign.
Teams tend to go out of their way not to do anything to offend the players currently on the roster. While this is a minor misstep that’s ultimately harmless, Lin probably isn’t feeling great about his place in Houston’s plans for the future.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 1
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 8
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29