Jul 2, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
The Indiana Pacers need shooting. And maybe a few other things depending on how the Lance Stephenson negotiations go, but shooting is on the list no matter what.
They have gone to Europe to get it.
The Pacers have reached a deal with European sharpshooter Damjan Rudez, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
European forward Damjan Rudez has reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Indiana Pacers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
The Pacers, who are pursuing shooting on the free-agent market, will pay Rudez, 27, out of a portion of their mid-level exception.
I imagine all three of those years are not guaranteed.
Rudez is a stretch four out of Croatia who shot 52 percent from deep in EuroCup. What else he can do remains to be seen (I wouldn’t expect a big role for him next season), but the Pacers are talking to shooters (C.J. Miles is the big name) as they try to tweak the roster following their struggles the second half of last season.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14