Jul 2, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
The Indiana Pacers need shooting. And maybe a few other things depending on how the Lance Stephenson negotiations go, but shooting is on the list no matter what.
They have gone to Europe to get it.
The Pacers have reached a deal with European sharpshooter Damjan Rudez, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
European forward Damjan Rudez has reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Indiana Pacers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
The Pacers, who are pursuing shooting on the free-agent market, will pay Rudez, 27, out of a portion of their mid-level exception.
I imagine all three of those years are not guaranteed.
Rudez is a stretch four out of Croatia who shot 52 percent from deep in EuroCup. What else he can do remains to be seen (I wouldn’t expect a big role for him next season), but the Pacers are talking to shooters (C.J. Miles is the big name) as they try to tweak the roster following their struggles the second half of last season.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 52