Jul 2, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
The Indiana Pacers need shooting. And maybe a few other things depending on how the Lance Stephenson negotiations go, but shooting is on the list no matter what.
They have gone to Europe to get it.
The Pacers have reached a deal with European sharpshooter Damjan Rudez, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
European forward Damjan Rudez has reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Indiana Pacers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
The Pacers, who are pursuing shooting on the free-agent market, will pay Rudez, 27, out of a portion of their mid-level exception.
I imagine all three of those years are not guaranteed.
Rudez is a stretch four out of Croatia who shot 52 percent from deep in EuroCup. What else he can do remains to be seen (I wouldn’t expect a big role for him next season), but the Pacers are talking to shooters (C.J. Miles is the big name) as they try to tweak the roster following their struggles the second half of last season.
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 0
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 10
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10