Jul 2, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
The Indiana Pacers need shooting. And maybe a few other things depending on how the Lance Stephenson negotiations go, but shooting is on the list no matter what.
They have gone to Europe to get it.
The Pacers have reached a deal with European sharpshooter Damjan Rudez, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
European forward Damjan Rudez has reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Indiana Pacers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
The Pacers, who are pursuing shooting on the free-agent market, will pay Rudez, 27, out of a portion of their mid-level exception.
I imagine all three of those years are not guaranteed.
Rudez is a stretch four out of Croatia who shot 52 percent from deep in EuroCup. What else he can do remains to be seen (I wouldn’t expect a big role for him next season), but the Pacers are talking to shooters (C.J. Miles is the big name) as they try to tweak the roster following their struggles the second half of last season.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20