Jul 2, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
The Indiana Pacers need shooting. And maybe a few other things depending on how the Lance Stephenson negotiations go, but shooting is on the list no matter what.
They have gone to Europe to get it.
The Pacers have reached a deal with European sharpshooter Damjan Rudez, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
European forward Damjan Rudez has reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Indiana Pacers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
The Pacers, who are pursuing shooting on the free-agent market, will pay Rudez, 27, out of a portion of their mid-level exception.
I imagine all three of those years are not guaranteed.
Rudez is a stretch four out of Croatia who shot 52 percent from deep in EuroCup. What else he can do remains to be seen (I wouldn’t expect a big role for him next season), but the Pacers are talking to shooters (C.J. Miles is the big name) as they try to tweak the roster following their struggles the second half of last season.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 13
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11