Jul 2, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
The Pacers are adding shooting. today
That started with signing European stretch four Damjan Rudez earlier on Wednesday, and now the Pacers have reached a deal with C.J. Miles, something first reported by Candice Buckner of the Indianapolis Star. This is a four-year, $18 million deal according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
You want confirmation? How about Miles’ twitter feed.
Miles can sign the contract and make it official when the moratorium ends July 10.
Miles, a nine-year NBA veteran, shot 39.3 percent from three last season in Cleveland and that’s why the Pacers picked him up. He’s not going to give them a lot beyond that, but shooting is what the Pacers want.
This makes things interesting for the Pacers and Lance Stephenson. He didn’t like their five-year, $44 million contract offer but with these couple of moves (and pushing up on the luxury tax line that the Pacers will not cross) there is no wiggle room for Indiana.
The word out of Indiana was that team president Larry Bird had a number for Stephenson and he wasn’t moving off it. That seems to be the case. The question is will any other team step up and give Stephenson more? Not right now, but that could change when some teams strike out with Carmelo Anthony or other free agent targets.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30