Jul 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Maybe, as Randle suspected, a team was trying to get him to slip to its pick. Or maybe different teams had different opinions about his foot.
Now it matters only what the Lakers, who drafted Randle No. 7, think – and they believe he’s fine.
The Lakers sent freshly minted draft pick Julius Randle to Indiana for a Wednesday appointment with renowned foot specialist Dr. David Porter, who determined that Randle does not need surgery on his foot.
Randle has been cleared for all basketball activity, and is expected to play for L.A.’s Summer League team in Las Vegas.
Randle joins future Hall of Famers Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash (and Robert Sacre) as the only Lakers with guaranteed contracts for next season. He’s also the Lakers’ highest pick since James Worthy went No. 1 in 1982.
There will be a lot of pressure on the rookie from Kentucky. It’s good he can get on the court immediately and begin proving himself.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 6
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 3
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 46
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45