Jul 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Maybe, as Randle suspected, a team was trying to get him to slip to its pick. Or maybe different teams had different opinions about his foot.
Now it matters only what the Lakers, who drafted Randle No. 7, think – and they believe he’s fine.
The Lakers sent freshly minted draft pick Julius Randle to Indiana for a Wednesday appointment with renowned foot specialist Dr. David Porter, who determined that Randle does not need surgery on his foot.
Randle has been cleared for all basketball activity, and is expected to play for L.A.’s Summer League team in Las Vegas.
Randle joins future Hall of Famers Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash (and Robert Sacre) as the only Lakers with guaranteed contracts for next season. He’s also the Lakers’ highest pick since James Worthy went No. 1 in 1982.
There will be a lot of pressure on the rookie from Kentucky. It’s good he can get on the court immediately and begin proving himself.
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 11
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 9
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 17
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 13