Jul 2, 2014, 5:09 PM EST
When Carmelo Anthony arrived at the Toyota Center to get pitched by the Houston Rockets as a free agent, there were pictures of Anthony there holding the Larry O’Brien trophy and wearing a No. 7 Rockets’ jersey.
The jersey that Jeremy Lin still wears for the Rockets.
Which pretty much tells you who stands where on the pecking order in Houston. But did Jeremy Lin feel disrespected by that? Of course, but on twitter he tried to take the high road.
There were reports that the Rockets let Lin know his number would be used, Lin’s agents denied this. As if any of that matters.
It’s not a secret to anyone that Jeremy Lin is on the trade block, in fact if Anthony chooses the Rockets (not likely) they reportedly have a deal already set up where they wouldn’t have to take any salary back. One way or another it’s likely Lin is wearing the No. 7 of another team at some point this year.
This is also far from the first time Lin has felt disrespected as a basketball player, it’s part of what makes him a compelling story and person. He’s overcome a lot, and while his contract may be steep this season he’s an NBA caliber point guard who can do some things very well. That shouldn’t get overlooked in discussions of him.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12