Jul 1, 2014, 6:54 PM EDT
When the Portland Trail Blazers fired general manager Rich Cho three years ago, they replaced him with a promoted Chad Buchanan.
Eventually, Portland hired Neil Olshey as general manager and demoted Buchanan to Director of NBA Scouting.
Now, Cho – in charge in Charlotte after Rod Higgins’ surprising ouster – and Buchanan with the Hornets. This time, they won’t have to work under Paul Allen’s meddling.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
This combination should work well. Both are definitely qualified personnel men, and Cho already has Charlotte’s next chapter off on the right foot by drafting Noah Vonleh and trading down for P.J. Hairston.
Buchanan’s advice should only help. I trust Cho knows, from experience, they’d work well together.
Michael Jordan once interfered too much. Now, he’s hiring bright people and letting them do their jobs. This seems like a continuation of that shift.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43