Jul 1, 2014, 6:54 PM EDT
When the Portland Trail Blazers fired general manager Rich Cho three years ago, they replaced him with a promoted Chad Buchanan.
Eventually, Portland hired Neil Olshey as general manager and demoted Buchanan to Director of NBA Scouting.
Now, Cho – in charge in Charlotte after Rod Higgins’ surprising ouster – and Buchanan with the Hornets. This time, they won’t have to work under Paul Allen’s meddling.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
This combination should work well. Both are definitely qualified personnel men, and Cho already has Charlotte’s next chapter off on the right foot by drafting Noah Vonleh and trading down for P.J. Hairston.
Buchanan’s advice should only help. I trust Cho knows, from experience, they’d work well together.
Michael Jordan once interfered too much. Now, he’s hiring bright people and letting them do their jobs. This seems like a continuation of that shift.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9