Jul 1, 2014, 6:54 PM EDT
When the Portland Trail Blazers fired general manager Rich Cho three years ago, they replaced him with a promoted Chad Buchanan.
Eventually, Portland hired Neil Olshey as general manager and demoted Buchanan to Director of NBA Scouting.
Now, Cho – in charge in Charlotte after Rod Higgins’ surprising ouster – and Buchanan with the Hornets. This time, they won’t have to work under Paul Allen’s meddling.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
This combination should work well. Both are definitely qualified personnel men, and Cho already has Charlotte’s next chapter off on the right foot by drafting Noah Vonleh and trading down for P.J. Hairston.
Buchanan’s advice should only help. I trust Cho knows, from experience, they’d work well together.
Michael Jordan once interfered too much. Now, he’s hiring bright people and letting them do their jobs. This seems like a continuation of that shift.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29