Jul 1, 2014, 6:54 PM EDT
When the Portland Trail Blazers fired general manager Rich Cho three years ago, they replaced him with a promoted Chad Buchanan.
Eventually, Portland hired Neil Olshey as general manager and demoted Buchanan to Director of NBA Scouting.
Now, Cho – in charge in Charlotte after Rod Higgins’ surprising ouster – and Buchanan with the Hornets. This time, they won’t have to work under Paul Allen’s meddling.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
This combination should work well. Both are definitely qualified personnel men, and Cho already has Charlotte’s next chapter off on the right foot by drafting Noah Vonleh and trading down for P.J. Hairston.
Buchanan’s advice should only help. I trust Cho knows, from experience, they’d work well together.
Michael Jordan once interfered too much. Now, he’s hiring bright people and letting them do their jobs. This seems like a continuation of that shift.
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10
- Grizzlies overpower Blazers for commanding series-opening win 7