Jul 1, 2014, 6:54 PM EDT
When the Portland Trail Blazers fired general manager Rich Cho three years ago, they replaced him with a promoted Chad Buchanan.
Eventually, Portland hired Neil Olshey as general manager and demoted Buchanan to Director of NBA Scouting.
Now, Cho – in charge in Charlotte after Rod Higgins’ surprising ouster – and Buchanan with the Hornets. This time, they won’t have to work under Paul Allen’s meddling.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
This combination should work well. Both are definitely qualified personnel men, and Cho already has Charlotte’s next chapter off on the right foot by drafting Noah Vonleh and trading down for P.J. Hairston.
Buchanan’s advice should only help. I trust Cho knows, from experience, they’d work well together.
Michael Jordan once interfered too much. Now, he’s hiring bright people and letting them do their jobs. This seems like a continuation of that shift.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85