Jun 30, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
And they’re offering a contract that will be extremely difficult for Lowry to reject.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
Stein is responding to a number Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports since retracted, so ignore the $14.5 million starting salary. The report is $12 million.
For a bird-rights player like Lowry, his salary can increase or decrease annually by up to 7.5 percent of his first-year salary. That means a deal that starts at $12 million could be worth anywhere between $51 million and $69 million over five years – and any portion of that could be unguaranteed. Knowing the starting salary is an indicator, but it’s not enough to show the true value of the contract.
Soon, we’ll get more clarity on Toronto’s offer. Either way, these are substantial numbers for Lowry.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10