Jun 30, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
And they’re offering a contract that will be extremely difficult for Lowry to reject.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
Stein is responding to a number Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports since retracted, so ignore the $14.5 million starting salary. The report is $12 million.
For a bird-rights player like Lowry, his salary can increase or decrease annually by up to 7.5 percent of his first-year salary. That means a deal that starts at $12 million could be worth anywhere between $51 million and $69 million over five years – and any portion of that could be unguaranteed. Knowing the starting salary is an indicator, but it’s not enough to show the true value of the contract.
Soon, we’ll get more clarity on Toronto’s offer. Either way, these are substantial numbers for Lowry.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16