Jun 30, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
I have been plenty critical of Jason Kidd’s power play with the Nets that has him moving to Milwaukee for a couple of draft picks, but if getting Derek Fisher/Steve Kerr money was part of motivation than mission accomplished.
Howard Beck of Bleacher Report has the details.
Good for Kidd, can’t begrudge a guy getting what he can get. Plus there is a potential win for the Bucks — he is a star name in a market where it can be hard to get star names. Not sure if he can really recruit guys but it doesn’t hurt and it gives the marketing department another name to put on billboards.
But as I’ve said — now he has to prove he can really coach. Not just guide veterans (although it took a while for him to do that well) but develop guys such as Jabari Parker, John Henson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Larry Sanders. He’s got to hone their skills and put them in systems where they are primed to succeed. It’s very different from the job in free-spending Brooklyn.
Blow this one and Kidd will have a hard time finding another gig after the way he left Brooklyn.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17