Jun 30, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
I have been plenty critical of Jason Kidd’s power play with the Nets that has him moving to Milwaukee for a couple of draft picks, but if getting Derek Fisher/Steve Kerr money was part of motivation than mission accomplished.
Howard Beck of Bleacher Report has the details.
Good for Kidd, can’t begrudge a guy getting what he can get. Plus there is a potential win for the Bucks — he is a star name in a market where it can be hard to get star names. Not sure if he can really recruit guys but it doesn’t hurt and it gives the marketing department another name to put on billboards.
But as I’ve said — now he has to prove he can really coach. Not just guide veterans (although it took a while for him to do that well) but develop guys such as Jabari Parker, John Henson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Larry Sanders. He’s got to hone their skills and put them in systems where they are primed to succeed. It’s very different from the job in free-spending Brooklyn.
Blow this one and Kidd will have a hard time finding another gig after the way he left Brooklyn.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6