Jun 30, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
I have been plenty critical of Jason Kidd’s power play with the Nets that has him moving to Milwaukee for a couple of draft picks, but if getting Derek Fisher/Steve Kerr money was part of motivation than mission accomplished.
Howard Beck of Bleacher Report has the details.
Good for Kidd, can’t begrudge a guy getting what he can get. Plus there is a potential win for the Bucks — he is a star name in a market where it can be hard to get star names. Not sure if he can really recruit guys but it doesn’t hurt and it gives the marketing department another name to put on billboards.
But as I’ve said — now he has to prove he can really coach. Not just guide veterans (although it took a while for him to do that well) but develop guys such as Jabari Parker, John Henson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Larry Sanders. He’s got to hone their skills and put them in systems where they are primed to succeed. It’s very different from the job in free-spending Brooklyn.
Blow this one and Kidd will have a hard time finding another gig after the way he left Brooklyn.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 8
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10