Jun 30, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
I have been plenty critical of Jason Kidd’s power play with the Nets that has him moving to Milwaukee for a couple of draft picks, but if getting Derek Fisher/Steve Kerr money was part of motivation than mission accomplished.
Howard Beck of Bleacher Report has the details.
Good for Kidd, can’t begrudge a guy getting what he can get. Plus there is a potential win for the Bucks — he is a star name in a market where it can be hard to get star names. Not sure if he can really recruit guys but it doesn’t hurt and it gives the marketing department another name to put on billboards.
But as I’ve said — now he has to prove he can really coach. Not just guide veterans (although it took a while for him to do that well) but develop guys such as Jabari Parker, John Henson, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Larry Sanders. He’s got to hone their skills and put them in systems where they are primed to succeed. It’s very different from the job in free-spending Brooklyn.
Blow this one and Kidd will have a hard time finding another gig after the way he left Brooklyn.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 28
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25