Jun 29, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
The NBA’s summer season — free agency — is upon us and we delve into that in the latest edition of the PBT podcast with myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have opted out and Chris Bosh is soon to follow suit in Miami — this was not a shock. And they were never likely to leave, now it’s just a matter of figuring out how to divide up the free cap space and give Pat Riley room to work.
That moves Carmelo Anthony to the top of the free agent foot chain, but who else is out there of interest? Both for the Heat as they go after free agents and for everyone else?
We also look back at the NBA Draft and talk about the winners and losers. (Note: This podcast was taped before the Jason Kidd story broke.)
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 6
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43