Jun 29, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
The NBA’s summer season — free agency — is upon us and we delve into that in the latest edition of the PBT podcast with myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have opted out and Chris Bosh is soon to follow suit in Miami — this was not a shock. And they were never likely to leave, now it’s just a matter of figuring out how to divide up the free cap space and give Pat Riley room to work.
That moves Carmelo Anthony to the top of the free agent foot chain, but who else is out there of interest? Both for the Heat as they go after free agents and for everyone else?
We also look back at the NBA Draft and talk about the winners and losers. (Note: This podcast was taped before the Jason Kidd story broke.)
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59