Jun 29, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
The NBA’s summer season — free agency — is upon us and we delve into that in the latest edition of the PBT podcast with myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have opted out and Chris Bosh is soon to follow suit in Miami — this was not a shock. And they were never likely to leave, now it’s just a matter of figuring out how to divide up the free cap space and give Pat Riley room to work.
That moves Carmelo Anthony to the top of the free agent foot chain, but who else is out there of interest? Both for the Heat as they go after free agents and for everyone else?
We also look back at the NBA Draft and talk about the winners and losers. (Note: This podcast was taped before the Jason Kidd story broke.)
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 40
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 59
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 23