Jun 29, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
The NBA’s summer season — free agency — is upon us and we delve into that in the latest edition of the PBT podcast with myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have opted out and Chris Bosh is soon to follow suit in Miami — this was not a shock. And they were never likely to leave, now it’s just a matter of figuring out how to divide up the free cap space and give Pat Riley room to work.
That moves Carmelo Anthony to the top of the free agent foot chain, but who else is out there of interest? Both for the Heat as they go after free agents and for everyone else?
We also look back at the NBA Draft and talk about the winners and losers. (Note: This podcast was taped before the Jason Kidd story broke.)
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17