Jun 29, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
The NBA’s summer season — free agency — is upon us and we delve into that in the latest edition of the PBT podcast with myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have opted out and Chris Bosh is soon to follow suit in Miami — this was not a shock. And they were never likely to leave, now it’s just a matter of figuring out how to divide up the free cap space and give Pat Riley room to work.
That moves Carmelo Anthony to the top of the free agent foot chain, but who else is out there of interest? Both for the Heat as they go after free agents and for everyone else?
We also look back at the NBA Draft and talk about the winners and losers. (Note: This podcast was taped before the Jason Kidd story broke.)
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 16
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4