Jun 27, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Pat Riley said late Thursday night in Miami — after his Heat had traded up to get UConn point guard Shabazz Napier in the draft — that he went after Napier because he liked Napier’s game. Because he’s competitive and a “winner.”
Nope. Not one bit. Why would you even think that?
Still, LeBron was pretty pumped about the selection.
Nobody thinks Napier is the answer to Miami’s roster issues, certainly not Riley or Lebron. Fixing Miami starts with Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade opting out and taking less money. They have until Monday to make that announcement.
But in the short term, the Heat just a guy who looks like he should be a good backup point guard. That’s a start.
And by the way, LeBron likes him.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32