Jun 27, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Pat Riley said late Thursday night in Miami — after his Heat had traded up to get UConn point guard Shabazz Napier in the draft — that he went after Napier because he liked Napier’s game. Because he’s competitive and a “winner.”
Nope. Not one bit. Why would you even think that?
Still, LeBron was pretty pumped about the selection.
Nobody thinks Napier is the answer to Miami’s roster issues, certainly not Riley or Lebron. Fixing Miami starts with Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade opting out and taking less money. They have until Monday to make that announcement.
But in the short term, the Heat just a guy who looks like he should be a good backup point guard. That’s a start.
And by the way, LeBron likes him.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18