Jun 27, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
A bit of a surprise came hours before Parker’s big moment, however, when it was announced that he had signed with Jordan Brand to endorse the company’s popular line of basketball shoes.
“We could not be more excited to have Jabari Parker officially join our Jordan Family,” said Larry Miller, Jordan Brand president. “Jabari’s character and commitment to excellence makes him a perfect fit with Jordan Brand and we are looking forward to building a legacy with him.”
Parker broke the news himself, by tweeting out a photo of the gold Jumpman tie pin he ended up wearing as part of his draft night ensemble.
— Jabari Parker (@JabariParker) June 26, 2014
Parker’s game has been compared to that of Carmelo Anthony, who (along with Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook and Kawhi Leonard) just happens to be one of the brand’s biggest current stars.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18