Jun 27, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
A bit of a surprise came hours before Parker’s big moment, however, when it was announced that he had signed with Jordan Brand to endorse the company’s popular line of basketball shoes.
“We could not be more excited to have Jabari Parker officially join our Jordan Family,” said Larry Miller, Jordan Brand president. “Jabari’s character and commitment to excellence makes him a perfect fit with Jordan Brand and we are looking forward to building a legacy with him.”
Parker broke the news himself, by tweeting out a photo of the gold Jumpman tie pin he ended up wearing as part of his draft night ensemble.
— Jabari Parker (@JabariParker) June 26, 2014
Parker’s game has been compared to that of Carmelo Anthony, who (along with Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook and Kawhi Leonard) just happens to be one of the brand’s biggest current stars.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37