Jun 27, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
A bit of a surprise came hours before Parker’s big moment, however, when it was announced that he had signed with Jordan Brand to endorse the company’s popular line of basketball shoes.
“We could not be more excited to have Jabari Parker officially join our Jordan Family,” said Larry Miller, Jordan Brand president. “Jabari’s character and commitment to excellence makes him a perfect fit with Jordan Brand and we are looking forward to building a legacy with him.”
Parker broke the news himself, by tweeting out a photo of the gold Jumpman tie pin he ended up wearing as part of his draft night ensemble.
— Jabari Parker (@JabariParker) June 26, 2014
Parker’s game has been compared to that of Carmelo Anthony, who (along with Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook and Kawhi Leonard) just happens to be one of the brand’s biggest current stars.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13