Jun 26, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
On draft night they added a guy who provides more of that.
The Bulls have landed Creighton’s scoring machine Doug McDermott in a trade, something first reported by Sam Amick of the USA Today.
I like this pick for the Bulls. Their offseason has been so far aimed at adding offense and this trade does that. McDermott is known for his outside shot (44.9 percent from three last season) but more than that he can put the ball on the floor, post up and score in a variety of ways — and do it efficiently. Plus, he hits contested shots very well.
There are questions about how his game translates — he’s not a great athlete by NBA standards, he plays below the rim, and while he got mismatches in college in the NBA the guys guarding him will be more athletic. How does he adjust?
Then there are legit concerns about how well he can defend at the next level, and if he can’t defend Tom Thibodeau will not play him.
As for the Nuggets, they are going to add a couple of affordable young players to an already good team (one that already added Arron Afflalo earlier in the day and will get Danilo Gallinari and JaVale McGee back from injury next season).
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14