Jun 26, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
On draft night they added a guy who provides more of that.
The Bulls have landed Creighton’s scoring machine Doug McDermott in a trade, something first reported by Sam Amick of the USA Today.
I like this pick for the Bulls. Their offseason has been so far aimed at adding offense and this trade does that. McDermott is known for his outside shot (44.9 percent from three last season) but more than that he can put the ball on the floor, post up and score in a variety of ways — and do it efficiently. Plus, he hits contested shots very well.
There are questions about how his game translates — he’s not a great athlete by NBA standards, he plays below the rim, and while he got mismatches in college in the NBA the guys guarding him will be more athletic. How does he adjust?
Then there are legit concerns about how well he can defend at the next level, and if he can’t defend Tom Thibodeau will not play him.
As for the Nuggets, they are going to add a couple of affordable young players to an already good team (one that already added Arron Afflalo earlier in the day and will get Danilo Gallinari and JaVale McGee back from injury next season).
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 7
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 35
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11