Jun 26, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
On draft night they added a guy who provides more of that.
The Bulls have landed Creighton’s scoring machine Doug McDermott in a trade, something first reported by Sam Amick of the USA Today.
I like this pick for the Bulls. Their offseason has been so far aimed at adding offense and this trade does that. McDermott is known for his outside shot (44.9 percent from three last season) but more than that he can put the ball on the floor, post up and score in a variety of ways — and do it efficiently. Plus, he hits contested shots very well.
There are questions about how his game translates — he’s not a great athlete by NBA standards, he plays below the rim, and while he got mismatches in college in the NBA the guys guarding him will be more athletic. How does he adjust?
Then there are legit concerns about how well he can defend at the next level, and if he can’t defend Tom Thibodeau will not play him.
As for the Nuggets, they are going to add a couple of affordable young players to an already good team (one that already added Arron Afflalo earlier in the day and will get Danilo Gallinari and JaVale McGee back from injury next season).
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 17
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9
- PBT Extra: Clash of styles favors Warriors over Grizzlies 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Golden State Warriors vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3