Jun 26, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
Afflalo is already on the move.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
That’s an INSANELY low return for Afflalo, a strong two-way guard with a relative low $7.5 million salary.
Fournier, 21, is seven years younger than Afflalo, but Fournier is not nearly as good. Though he offers nice offensive skills, it’s unlikely he ever becomes as good. Afflalo is a fringe All-Star (in the East, at least). Fournier projects to become a solid rotation player, maybe not even a long-term starter.
The No. 56 is more valuable than nothing, but not much. I’m shocked the heavily shopped No. 11 pick wasn’t sent to Orlando from Denver.
[MORE: Latest news on Kevin Love]
I’ve said the Nuggets should be looking toward the future, but Afflalo was too valuable to pass up. This is an excellent trade for Denver.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9