Jun 26, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
Afflalo is already on the move.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
That’s an INSANELY low return for Afflalo, a strong two-way guard with a relative low $7.5 million salary.
Fournier, 21, is seven years younger than Afflalo, but Fournier is not nearly as good. Though he offers nice offensive skills, it’s unlikely he ever becomes as good. Afflalo is a fringe All-Star (in the East, at least). Fournier projects to become a solid rotation player, maybe not even a long-term starter.
The No. 56 is more valuable than nothing, but not much. I’m shocked the heavily shopped No. 11 pick wasn’t sent to Orlando from Denver.
[MORE: Latest news on Kevin Love]
I’ve said the Nuggets should be looking toward the future, but Afflalo was too valuable to pass up. This is an excellent trade for Denver.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30