Jun 26, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
Afflalo is already on the move.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
That’s an INSANELY low return for Afflalo, a strong two-way guard with a relative low $7.5 million salary.
Fournier, 21, is seven years younger than Afflalo, but Fournier is not nearly as good. Though he offers nice offensive skills, it’s unlikely he ever becomes as good. Afflalo is a fringe All-Star (in the East, at least). Fournier projects to become a solid rotation player, maybe not even a long-term starter.
The No. 56 is more valuable than nothing, but not much. I’m shocked the heavily shopped No. 11 pick wasn’t sent to Orlando from Denver.
[MORE: Latest news on Kevin Love]
I’ve said the Nuggets should be looking toward the future, but Afflalo was too valuable to pass up. This is an excellent trade for Denver.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4