Jun 26, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
Afflalo is already on the move.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
That’s an INSANELY low return for Afflalo, a strong two-way guard with a relative low $7.5 million salary.
Fournier, 21, is seven years younger than Afflalo, but Fournier is not nearly as good. Though he offers nice offensive skills, it’s unlikely he ever becomes as good. Afflalo is a fringe All-Star (in the East, at least). Fournier projects to become a solid rotation player, maybe not even a long-term starter.
The No. 56 is more valuable than nothing, but not much. I’m shocked the heavily shopped No. 11 pick wasn’t sent to Orlando from Denver.
[MORE: Latest news on Kevin Love]
I’ve said the Nuggets should be looking toward the future, but Afflalo was too valuable to pass up. This is an excellent trade for Denver.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28