Jun 26, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The Cavaliers have (at least) three good options with the No. 1 pick in the upcoming draft:
Cleveland hasn’t accepted that proposal, but it’s clearly at least under consideration.
Chad Ford of ESPN:
This doesn’t mean the Cavaliers will accept the Magic’s trade offer. It means the Cavaliers are considering the Magic’s trade offer.
It would be foolish for Cleveland to make the deal without knowing the value of the assets its acquiring.
Maybe the Cavaliers are just doing their due diligence in case they can get a sweetheart deal for Nos. 4 and 12, but if they really intend to flip both picks for a veteran, that speaks strongly to Dan Gilbert’s desire to win immediately. With the No. 1 pick or two lottery picks, Cleveland is well-positioned to build for the future, but Gilbert has repeatedly given hints of impatience.
The big question: If the Cavaliers make the trade, is it contingent on flipping the picks for a veteran?
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 15
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4