Jun 26, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
The Cavaliers have (at least) three good options with the No. 1 pick in the upcoming draft:
Cleveland hasn’t accepted that proposal, but it’s clearly at least under consideration.
Chad Ford of ESPN:
This doesn’t mean the Cavaliers will accept the Magic’s trade offer. It means the Cavaliers are considering the Magic’s trade offer.
It would be foolish for Cleveland to make the deal without knowing the value of the assets its acquiring.
Maybe the Cavaliers are just doing their due diligence in case they can get a sweetheart deal for Nos. 4 and 12, but if they really intend to flip both picks for a veteran, that speaks strongly to Dan Gilbert’s desire to win immediately. With the No. 1 pick or two lottery picks, Cleveland is well-positioned to build for the future, but Gilbert has repeatedly given hints of impatience.
The big question: If the Cavaliers make the trade, is it contingent on flipping the picks for a veteran?
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1