Jun 26, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The Cavaliers have (at least) three good options with the No. 1 pick in the upcoming draft:
Cleveland hasn’t accepted that proposal, but it’s clearly at least under consideration.
Chad Ford of ESPN:
This doesn’t mean the Cavaliers will accept the Magic’s trade offer. It means the Cavaliers are considering the Magic’s trade offer.
It would be foolish for Cleveland to make the deal without knowing the value of the assets its acquiring.
Maybe the Cavaliers are just doing their due diligence in case they can get a sweetheart deal for Nos. 4 and 12, but if they really intend to flip both picks for a veteran, that speaks strongly to Dan Gilbert’s desire to win immediately. With the No. 1 pick or two lottery picks, Cleveland is well-positioned to build for the future, but Gilbert has repeatedly given hints of impatience.
The big question: If the Cavaliers make the trade, is it contingent on flipping the picks for a veteran?
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 8
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9