Jun 26, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The Cavaliers have (at least) three good options with the No. 1 pick in the upcoming draft:
Cleveland hasn’t accepted that proposal, but it’s clearly at least under consideration.
Chad Ford of ESPN:
This doesn’t mean the Cavaliers will accept the Magic’s trade offer. It means the Cavaliers are considering the Magic’s trade offer.
It would be foolish for Cleveland to make the deal without knowing the value of the assets its acquiring.
Maybe the Cavaliers are just doing their due diligence in case they can get a sweetheart deal for Nos. 4 and 12, but if they really intend to flip both picks for a veteran, that speaks strongly to Dan Gilbert’s desire to win immediately. With the No. 1 pick or two lottery picks, Cleveland is well-positioned to build for the future, but Gilbert has repeatedly given hints of impatience.
The big question: If the Cavaliers make the trade, is it contingent on flipping the picks for a veteran?
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18