Jun 26, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The Cavaliers have (at least) three good options with the No. 1 pick in the upcoming draft:
Cleveland hasn’t accepted that proposal, but it’s clearly at least under consideration.
Chad Ford of ESPN:
This doesn’t mean the Cavaliers will accept the Magic’s trade offer. It means the Cavaliers are considering the Magic’s trade offer.
It would be foolish for Cleveland to make the deal without knowing the value of the assets its acquiring.
Maybe the Cavaliers are just doing their due diligence in case they can get a sweetheart deal for Nos. 4 and 12, but if they really intend to flip both picks for a veteran, that speaks strongly to Dan Gilbert’s desire to win immediately. With the No. 1 pick or two lottery picks, Cleveland is well-positioned to build for the future, but Gilbert has repeatedly given hints of impatience.
The big question: If the Cavaliers make the trade, is it contingent on flipping the picks for a veteran?
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 9
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 2
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 45
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23