Jun 26, 2014, 9:22 AM EST
I actually believe Embiid here. My friends and I probably are not above slightly embarrassing each other publicly, and this type of razzing would be nothing for a group of 20-year-olds.
Also, was this tweet written by Shelly Sterling’s lawyer? Technically, with the lowercase ‘l,’ is professing just to be a fan of lakes.
Whether or not this was Embiid’s friend playing a joke or Embiid jumping the gun, this isn’t knowable information – unless the Lakers are trading up to No. 1. I still believe there’s an extremely slight chance the Cavaliers take him there. Only the Lakers trading into the top three would give them a safe chance of landing Embiid. Otherwise, they’re betting on Embiid falling to No. 7 – which I doubt would happen, though it’s easily possible.
I don’t believe there’s anything to the tweet. But if I were a Lakers fan, I’d be irrationally optimistic anyway.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7