Jun 26, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
I actually believe Embiid here. My friends and I probably are not above slightly embarrassing each other publicly, and this type of razzing would be nothing for a group of 20-year-olds.
Also, was this tweet written by Shelly Sterling’s lawyer? Technically, with the lowercase ‘l,’ is professing just to be a fan of lakes.
Whether or not this was Embiid’s friend playing a joke or Embiid jumping the gun, this isn’t knowable information – unless the Lakers are trading up to No. 1. I still believe there’s an extremely slight chance the Cavaliers take him there. Only the Lakers trading into the top three would give them a safe chance of landing Embiid. Otherwise, they’re betting on Embiid falling to No. 7 – which I doubt would happen, though it’s easily possible.
I don’t believe there’s anything to the tweet. But if I were a Lakers fan, I’d be irrationally optimistic anyway.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10