Jun 26, 2014, 9:22 AM EST
I actually believe Embiid here. My friends and I probably are not above slightly embarrassing each other publicly, and this type of razzing would be nothing for a group of 20-year-olds.
Also, was this tweet written by Shelly Sterling’s lawyer? Technically, with the lowercase ‘l,’ is professing just to be a fan of lakes.
Whether or not this was Embiid’s friend playing a joke or Embiid jumping the gun, this isn’t knowable information – unless the Lakers are trading up to No. 1. I still believe there’s an extremely slight chance the Cavaliers take him there. Only the Lakers trading into the top three would give them a safe chance of landing Embiid. Otherwise, they’re betting on Embiid falling to No. 7 – which I doubt would happen, though it’s easily possible.
I don’t believe there’s anything to the tweet. But if I were a Lakers fan, I’d be irrationally optimistic anyway.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 25
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7