Jun 26, 2014, 9:22 AM EST
I actually believe Embiid here. My friends and I probably are not above slightly embarrassing each other publicly, and this type of razzing would be nothing for a group of 20-year-olds.
Also, was this tweet written by Shelly Sterling’s lawyer? Technically, with the lowercase ‘l,’ is professing just to be a fan of lakes.
Whether or not this was Embiid’s friend playing a joke or Embiid jumping the gun, this isn’t knowable information – unless the Lakers are trading up to No. 1. I still believe there’s an extremely slight chance the Cavaliers take him there. Only the Lakers trading into the top three would give them a safe chance of landing Embiid. Otherwise, they’re betting on Embiid falling to No. 7 – which I doubt would happen, though it’s easily possible.
I don’t believe there’s anything to the tweet. But if I were a Lakers fan, I’d be irrationally optimistic anyway.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30