Jun 26, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
I actually believe Embiid here. My friends and I probably are not above slightly embarrassing each other publicly, and this type of razzing would be nothing for a group of 20-year-olds.
Also, was this tweet written by Shelly Sterling’s lawyer? Technically, with the lowercase ‘l,’ is professing just to be a fan of lakes.
Whether or not this was Embiid’s friend playing a joke or Embiid jumping the gun, this isn’t knowable information – unless the Lakers are trading up to No. 1. I still believe there’s an extremely slight chance the Cavaliers take him there. Only the Lakers trading into the top three would give them a safe chance of landing Embiid. Otherwise, they’re betting on Embiid falling to No. 7 – which I doubt would happen, though it’s easily possible.
I don’t believe there’s anything to the tweet. But if I were a Lakers fan, I’d be irrationally optimistic anyway.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18