Jun 26, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
Picks: 11, 41, 56
Needs: To get healthy. That won’t happen in the draft, but the Nuggets suffered a large number of injuries in Brian Shaw’s first season. That makes it difficult to evaluate the team, so Denver should probably draft the best prospect available rather than overthinking fit on a roster with so many question marks – especially how the current players fit into Shaw’s system.
Trade possibilities: The Nuggets have downplayed this draft and shopped their pick. If this is posturing, I don’t understand it. Of all teams with only one first rounder, the Nuggets are probably most likely to deal theirs.
Predictions: Denver trades its pick. There’s no clear road for the Nuggets into the stacked Western Conference playoffs, so I’d draft and build for the future. If they trade for a young player or future draft pick, that’d be fine. But if they trade for a veteran, they’re probably aiming the wrong direction.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18