Jun 26, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
Picks: 11, 41, 56
Needs: To get healthy. That won’t happen in the draft, but the Nuggets suffered a large number of injuries in Brian Shaw’s first season. That makes it difficult to evaluate the team, so Denver should probably draft the best prospect available rather than overthinking fit on a roster with so many question marks – especially how the current players fit into Shaw’s system.
Trade possibilities: The Nuggets have downplayed this draft and shopped their pick. If this is posturing, I don’t understand it. Of all teams with only one first rounder, the Nuggets are probably most likely to deal theirs.
Predictions: Denver trades its pick. There’s no clear road for the Nuggets into the stacked Western Conference playoffs, so I’d draft and build for the future. If they trade for a young player or future draft pick, that’d be fine. But if they trade for a veteran, they’re probably aiming the wrong direction.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36