Jun 26, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
Picks: 11, 41, 56
Needs: To get healthy. That won’t happen in the draft, but the Nuggets suffered a large number of injuries in Brian Shaw’s first season. That makes it difficult to evaluate the team, so Denver should probably draft the best prospect available rather than overthinking fit on a roster with so many question marks – especially how the current players fit into Shaw’s system.
Trade possibilities: The Nuggets have downplayed this draft and shopped their pick. If this is posturing, I don’t understand it. Of all teams with only one first rounder, the Nuggets are probably most likely to deal theirs.
Predictions: Denver trades its pick. There’s no clear road for the Nuggets into the stacked Western Conference playoffs, so I’d draft and build for the future. If they trade for a young player or future draft pick, that’d be fine. But if they trade for a veteran, they’re probably aiming the wrong direction.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12