Jun 26, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
Picks: 11, 41, 56
Needs: To get healthy. That won’t happen in the draft, but the Nuggets suffered a large number of injuries in Brian Shaw’s first season. That makes it difficult to evaluate the team, so Denver should probably draft the best prospect available rather than overthinking fit on a roster with so many question marks – especially how the current players fit into Shaw’s system.
Trade possibilities: The Nuggets have downplayed this draft and shopped their pick. If this is posturing, I don’t understand it. Of all teams with only one first rounder, the Nuggets are probably most likely to deal theirs.
Predictions: Denver trades its pick. There’s no clear road for the Nuggets into the stacked Western Conference playoffs, so I’d draft and build for the future. If they trade for a young player or future draft pick, that’d be fine. But if they trade for a veteran, they’re probably aiming the wrong direction.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 7
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 46
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 68
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8