Jun 26, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
Picks: 11, 41, 56
Needs: To get healthy. That won’t happen in the draft, but the Nuggets suffered a large number of injuries in Brian Shaw’s first season. That makes it difficult to evaluate the team, so Denver should probably draft the best prospect available rather than overthinking fit on a roster with so many question marks – especially how the current players fit into Shaw’s system.
Trade possibilities: The Nuggets have downplayed this draft and shopped their pick. If this is posturing, I don’t understand it. Of all teams with only one first rounder, the Nuggets are probably most likely to deal theirs.
Predictions: Denver trades its pick. There’s no clear road for the Nuggets into the stacked Western Conference playoffs, so I’d draft and build for the future. If they trade for a young player or future draft pick, that’d be fine. But if they trade for a veteran, they’re probably aiming the wrong direction.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 14
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 16
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17