Jun 25, 2014, 9:21 AM EDT
The Spurs won the title, and the Heat are (technically) in a state of flux. So, apparently, it’s time to take some shots.
— Ryan Frazier (@DigitalOutdoor) June 24, 2014
LeBron James opted out of the final two years of his contract on Tuesday to become an unrestricted free agent, but it’s extremely likely that he isn’t going anywhere. Any star player in his prime (see also: Carmelo Anthony) would have done the same in order to sign a longer deal for more guaranteed dollars, and in the end, LeBron may decide to take less than max money in order to provide the franchise with some future financial flexibility to bring in additional talent that would upgrade the roster.
The person behind the billboard, however, probably didn’t take any of this into consideration.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17