Jun 25, 2014, 9:21 AM EDT
The Spurs won the title, and the Heat are (technically) in a state of flux. So, apparently, it’s time to take some shots.
— Ryan Frazier (@DigitalOutdoor) June 24, 2014
LeBron James opted out of the final two years of his contract on Tuesday to become an unrestricted free agent, but it’s extremely likely that he isn’t going anywhere. Any star player in his prime (see also: Carmelo Anthony) would have done the same in order to sign a longer deal for more guaranteed dollars, and in the end, LeBron may decide to take less than max money in order to provide the franchise with some future financial flexibility to bring in additional talent that would upgrade the roster.
The person behind the billboard, however, probably didn’t take any of this into consideration.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23