Jun 25, 2014, 9:21 AM EDT
The Spurs won the title, and the Heat are (technically) in a state of flux. So, apparently, it’s time to take some shots.
— Ryan Frazier (@DigitalOutdoor) June 24, 2014
LeBron James opted out of the final two years of his contract on Tuesday to become an unrestricted free agent, but it’s extremely likely that he isn’t going anywhere. Any star player in his prime (see also: Carmelo Anthony) would have done the same in order to sign a longer deal for more guaranteed dollars, and in the end, LeBron may decide to take less than max money in order to provide the franchise with some future financial flexibility to bring in additional talent that would upgrade the roster.
The person behind the billboard, however, probably didn’t take any of this into consideration.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 22
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 24
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8