Jun 25, 2014, 9:21 AM EDT
The Spurs won the title, and the Heat are (technically) in a state of flux. So, apparently, it’s time to take some shots.
— Ryan Frazier (@DigitalOutdoor) June 24, 2014
LeBron James opted out of the final two years of his contract on Tuesday to become an unrestricted free agent, but it’s extremely likely that he isn’t going anywhere. Any star player in his prime (see also: Carmelo Anthony) would have done the same in order to sign a longer deal for more guaranteed dollars, and in the end, LeBron may decide to take less than max money in order to provide the franchise with some future financial flexibility to bring in additional talent that would upgrade the roster.
The person behind the billboard, however, probably didn’t take any of this into consideration.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13