PBT Extra: Parker or Wiggins? Who is likely to make draft day trade?

Jun 25, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT

There is more uncertainty around this draft than any in recent memory.

Matt Stroup and I tackle the big ones in the latest PBT Extra. First off, just how far does Joel Embiid fall? I’ve heard six is the floor.

Then the biggie: Should the Cavaliers take Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker? Both are good players but I think the Cavaliers only have one real option.

That is if they keep the pick. We talk draft day trades and that starts at the top with the Cavaliers, who if they are not sold on Parker or Wiggins should make a move.

1. WillIEverSeeACupInMyLife? - Jun 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Sixers offer to Cleveland:

NOTHING

• floreskins - Jun 25, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Better Nothing than Boston’s.

• willardj - Jun 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Sixers will offer the 3rd pick and the 10th pick, which is more than what any other team will offer. They’ll even throw in Thad Young if they have to.

The only reason the trade hasn’t happened yet is because the Sixers are aware that they can still get Wiggins at 3.

• WillIEverSeeACupInMyLife? - Jun 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM

So they’re trading the 3rd and 10th and Young because they know they can get Wigging at #3?

• thatsjustchipper - Jun 25, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Don’t think Cavs will accept a deal up until the last minute before or during their selection

2. antistratfordian - Jun 25, 2014 at 3:50 PM

I’d probably go for the potential of an athletic freak who is good enough to be considered for the #1 pick, over the more so-called “NBA ready” player who has the body of Subway Jared.

It almost reminds me of when Melo was said to be more “NBA ready” than LeBron – almost. Not trying to make a direct comparison, but the talk is similar.

• kinggw - Jun 25, 2014 at 4:37 PM

He was more NBA ready than LBJ. Melo had just taken Syracuse to a National Championship and James was coming out of high school. Melo had faced a higher level of competition coming into the league.

They virtually had the same stats as rookies but LBJ rebounded a little bit more, and Melo shot better. Melo also was able to help guide his team to the playoffs. James obviously became a better all around player, but Melo was probably the better rookie.

3. mvp43 - Jun 25, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Both players will be All Stars and will have an instant impact. Wiggins is probably a slightly better fit for Cleveland because I think they’re farther away talent wise than Milwaukee plus Parker has made it pretty clear that he prefers the Bucks.

4. mungman69 - Jun 25, 2014 at 3:56 PM

My contacts tell me that Exum is in Cleveland right now. Smoke screen? Maybe!

• mvp43 - Jun 25, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Wow would that shake things up.Johnny Football and Johnny hoops !

• csbanter - Jun 25, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Hello Chris Broussard welcome to the board, your contacts…smh

• sixerstrong - Jun 26, 2014 at 11:35 AM

My guess is that he’s probably in NYC for the draft.

5. buffalo65 - Jun 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Another Toronto born number one. Canada is the new basketball superpower

6. lazeglow954 - Jun 25, 2014 at 7:30 PM

If I were the Bucks GM I would trade Knight, Saunders, and there 31st pick to the Celtics for Rondo, and the Celtics 17th pick. Knights talented but I don’t think he’s the type of point guard that can really lead his team to the playoffs on the other hand hello that’s what Rondo does. Bucks need to upgrade that shooting guard position to I think O.J Mayo wants to be a bench player lol. A core of Rondo, Parker, Henson, and Giannis is pretty solid they could be a scary match up in the playoffs. By the way Im a Wizards fan #DCRising

7. JT - Jun 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM

6ers or the Magic will try to make a move .. Both have multiple picks in the first rd I believe ..

• WillIEverSeeACupInMyLife? - Jun 26, 2014 at 6:13 AM

Thanks for advising us of something we’ve know for a year now

• JT - Jun 26, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Happy to help you “troll”

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches