Jun 25, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The Greek Freak is getting bigger.
Giannis Antetokounmpo had people tuning in on League Pass to watch the Milwaukee Bucks play (no small feat by the end of last season), because he could at any moment do something off the charts athletically. Once the Bucks season started to spiral down the team wisely went from bringing the young and raw Antetokounmpo along slowly to letting him learn on the job. That led to some crazy highlights.
We could see the strides, we could see Antetokounmpo getting better. What we didn’t see was him getting taller.
Bucks GM John Hammond spoke with the media Tuesday and said this, via Brew Hoop:
“I think Giannis is going to be a multiple position player someday. When he came last September he was 6’9″ and 190 [lbs.], and today he’s almost 6’11” and 217 lbs. I think Giannis is a guy that’s going to be able to play, at his size, he’s going to play some small forward and he’s going to play some power forward someday. He’s another multiple position guy, and I think that helps this process.”
We’ll see how good Antetokounmpo ultimately becomes, there is a long way to go with him. But a player that size with those skills… we’re all going to be watching a lot more Bucks basketball in the coming years.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25