Jun 25, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The Greek Freak is getting bigger.
Giannis Antetokounmpo had people tuning in on League Pass to watch the Milwaukee Bucks play (no small feat by the end of last season), because he could at any moment do something off the charts athletically. Once the Bucks season started to spiral down the team wisely went from bringing the young and raw Antetokounmpo along slowly to letting him learn on the job. That led to some crazy highlights.
We could see the strides, we could see Antetokounmpo getting better. What we didn’t see was him getting taller.
Bucks GM John Hammond spoke with the media Tuesday and said this, via Brew Hoop:
“I think Giannis is going to be a multiple position player someday. When he came last September he was 6’9″ and 190 [lbs.], and today he’s almost 6’11” and 217 lbs. I think Giannis is a guy that’s going to be able to play, at his size, he’s going to play some small forward and he’s going to play some power forward someday. He’s another multiple position guy, and I think that helps this process.”
We’ll see how good Antetokounmpo ultimately becomes, there is a long way to go with him. But a player that size with those skills… we’re all going to be watching a lot more Bucks basketball in the coming years.
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 7
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 19
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39