Jun 25, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The Greek Freak is getting bigger.
Giannis Antetokounmpo had people tuning in on League Pass to watch the Milwaukee Bucks play (no small feat by the end of last season), because he could at any moment do something off the charts athletically. Once the Bucks season started to spiral down the team wisely went from bringing the young and raw Antetokounmpo along slowly to letting him learn on the job. That led to some crazy highlights.
We could see the strides, we could see Antetokounmpo getting better. What we didn’t see was him getting taller.
Bucks GM John Hammond spoke with the media Tuesday and said this, via Brew Hoop:
“I think Giannis is going to be a multiple position player someday. When he came last September he was 6’9″ and 190 [lbs.], and today he’s almost 6’11” and 217 lbs. I think Giannis is a guy that’s going to be able to play, at his size, he’s going to play some small forward and he’s going to play some power forward someday. He’s another multiple position guy, and I think that helps this process.”
We’ll see how good Antetokounmpo ultimately becomes, there is a long way to go with him. But a player that size with those skills… we’re all going to be watching a lot more Bucks basketball in the coming years.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 25
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19