Jun 24, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
LeBron James has informed the Miami Heat he is opting out — everyone knew this would happen, yet everyone is going crazy about the possibilities. Everyone is playing fantasy basketball — how can we get LeBron and Carmelo Anthony/Kevin Love on my team?
The fantastic Matt Stroup stops by for the latest PBT Extra to talk about why LeBron James did this, where he might end up, and why at the end of the day he’s almost certainly pulling a Miami Heat jersey over his head at the start of next season. If he’s not, it’s not about the other contenders, it’s about what Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade choose to do.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10