Jun 24, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Kevin Love’s camp is pushing hard to get their man moved sooner rather than later. And to a destination of his choosing.
Minnesota Timberwolves president Flip Saunders is in no such rush. You can picture him at his desk with his feet up, sipping a single malt Scotch neat, Mad Men style.
Saunders isn’t going to settle for less than Klay Thompson from the Warriors in a deal (at least not right now). He seems to shrug off the Bulls offer (reportedly the No. 16 and 19 picks in this draft, Taj Gibson and Tony Snell). Minnesota doesn’t have to move Kevin Love until the trade deadline and seem willing to wait for an offer they really want.
Jerry Zgoda of the Star-Tribune spoke to Saunders Tuesday.
Fishing metaphors are perfect in the land of 1,000 lakes — that is speaking to the fan base. Along those lines, Saunders is just waiting for the right fish to fry.
More and more the feeling around the league is Minnesota will wait. Maybe until after July 1, maybe close to training camp, maybe all the way to the trade deadline.
That said, things can change quickly come draft night. Especially if somebody blinks.
Just don’t bet on that being Flip Saunders.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 7
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 5
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 28
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2