Jun 24, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Kevin Love’s camp is pushing hard to get their man moved sooner rather than later. And to a destination of his choosing.
Minnesota Timberwolves president Flip Saunders is in no such rush. You can picture him at his desk with his feet up, sipping a single malt Scotch neat, Mad Men style.
Saunders isn’t going to settle for less than Klay Thompson from the Warriors in a deal (at least not right now). He seems to shrug off the Bulls offer (reportedly the No. 16 and 19 picks in this draft, Taj Gibson and Tony Snell). Minnesota doesn’t have to move Kevin Love until the trade deadline and seem willing to wait for an offer they really want.
Jerry Zgoda of the Star-Tribune spoke to Saunders Tuesday.
Fishing metaphors are perfect in the land of 1,000 lakes — that is speaking to the fan base. Along those lines, Saunders is just waiting for the right fish to fry.
More and more the feeling around the league is Minnesota will wait. Maybe until after July 1, maybe close to training camp, maybe all the way to the trade deadline.
That said, things can change quickly come draft night. Especially if somebody blinks.
Just don’t bet on that being Flip Saunders.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 2
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 3
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 16
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18