Jun 24, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
If the Cavaliers were publicizing their indecision for the No. 1 pick to draw trade offers – and I think they were – it’s working.
The Celtics want to trade up, too.
A league source has told CSNNE.com that the Celtics have engaged the Cleveland Cavaliers about acquiring the No. 1 overall pick in Thursday’s NBA draft.
multiple sources indicate Boston would lean more towards Wiggins than Parker.
So, unless they’re wiling to trade Rondo for No. 1, the Celtics probably can’t trump Orlando’s offer. Maybe adding multiple future first rounders would help – Boston has plenty from the Nets and Clippers – but I still doubt it’s enough.
There’s no harm trying, but Danny Ainge is probably better off hoping Joel Embiid falls to No. 6.
- Report: Celtics and Mavericks agree in principle to Rajon Rondo trade 8
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 7
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25