Jun 24, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
If the Cavaliers were publicizing their indecision for the No. 1 pick to draw trade offers – and I think they were – it’s working.
The Celtics want to trade up, too.
A league source has told CSNNE.com that the Celtics have engaged the Cleveland Cavaliers about acquiring the No. 1 overall pick in Thursday’s NBA draft.
multiple sources indicate Boston would lean more towards Wiggins than Parker.
So, unless they’re wiling to trade Rondo for No. 1, the Celtics probably can’t trump Orlando’s offer. Maybe adding multiple future first rounders would help – Boston has plenty from the Nets and Clippers – but I still doubt it’s enough.
There’s no harm trying, but Danny Ainge is probably better off hoping Joel Embiid falls to No. 6.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37