Jun 24, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
If the Cavaliers were publicizing their indecision for the No. 1 pick to draw trade offers – and I think they were – it’s working.
The Celtics want to trade up, too.
A league source has told CSNNE.com that the Celtics have engaged the Cleveland Cavaliers about acquiring the No. 1 overall pick in Thursday’s NBA draft.
multiple sources indicate Boston would lean more towards Wiggins than Parker.
So, unless they’re wiling to trade Rondo for No. 1, the Celtics probably can’t trump Orlando’s offer. Maybe adding multiple future first rounders would help – Boston has plenty from the Nets and Clippers – but I still doubt it’s enough.
There’s no harm trying, but Danny Ainge is probably better off hoping Joel Embiid falls to No. 6.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 3
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 20
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 19
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27