Jun 24, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
The Cavaliers don’t know which player to choose No. 1, though I think they’d be getting a quality asset either way.
But Cleveland’s options, though narrowed to those two prospects, aren’t so simple. Orlando’s trade offer might be even better than previously reported.
the Cavs do have some interest in the Magic’s offer of Arron Afflalo, the No. 4 pick and the No. 12 pick.
That’s an intriguing offer.
With the No. 4 pick, the Cavaliers would guarantee one of themselves Wiggins, Parker, Joel Embiid or Dante Exum. In essence, it’s really Embiid or Exum. The Magic, like Cleveland, would certainly take Wiggins or Parker with the No. 1 pick. The Bucks would take the other at No. 2.
No. 12 could land a quality piece too. It’s high enough where a highly rated player – Nik Stauskas? Garry Harris? – could be available. James Young wouldn’t be a bad fallback option.
Afflalo is an increasingly capable scorer with strong defensive skills. He’s an upgrade over Dion Waiters, though for the small-forward-starved Cavs, Afflalo and Waiters could combine to make an undersized wing combination.
This really comes down to how the Cavaliers rate Wiggins/Parker and Embiid/Exum. Unless Cleveland sees a huge drop between those groups, the Magic’s offer is definitely good enough to make the Cavs consider it.
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7
- PBT Extra: Wizards’ backcourt owning matchup with Toronto 0