Jun 23, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Adams, about to turn 67 and excited about an opportunity to move back to his home state of California, today accepted an offer from Golden State to join Steve Kerr’s Warriors staff.
The Warriors – Clippers pending – might have the best assistant-coaching staff in the NBA.
Gentry, especially since working under Mike D’Antoni with the Suns, is a strong offensive coach. Adams is a strong defensive mind. They should complement each other well and give Kerr a good chance to succeed.
I had – and still have – plenty of questions about Kerr, but the Warriors are backing him well.
Boston will surely miss Adams, but he at least already helped Brad Stevens adjust to the NBA. Even if the Celtics can’t replace him with a coach of the same caliber, they at least already got that value from Adams.
Now, Adams can help do the same for Kerr.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18