Jun 23, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Adams, about to turn 67 and excited about an opportunity to move back to his home state of California, today accepted an offer from Golden State to join Steve Kerr’s Warriors staff.
The Warriors – Clippers pending – might have the best assistant-coaching staff in the NBA.
Gentry, especially since working under Mike D’Antoni with the Suns, is a strong offensive coach. Adams is a strong defensive mind. They should complement each other well and give Kerr a good chance to succeed.
I had – and still have – plenty of questions about Kerr, but the Warriors are backing him well.
Boston will surely miss Adams, but he at least already helped Brad Stevens adjust to the NBA. Even if the Celtics can’t replace him with a coach of the same caliber, they at least already got that value from Adams.
Now, Adams can help do the same for Kerr.
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 0
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 18
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 22