Jun 23, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Adams, about to turn 67 and excited about an opportunity to move back to his home state of California, today accepted an offer from Golden State to join Steve Kerr’s Warriors staff.
The Warriors – Clippers pending – might have the best assistant-coaching staff in the NBA.
Gentry, especially since working under Mike D’Antoni with the Suns, is a strong offensive coach. Adams is a strong defensive mind. They should complement each other well and give Kerr a good chance to succeed.
I had – and still have – plenty of questions about Kerr, but the Warriors are backing him well.
Boston will surely miss Adams, but he at least already helped Brad Stevens adjust to the NBA. Even if the Celtics can’t replace him with a coach of the same caliber, they at least already got that value from Adams.
Now, Adams can help do the same for Kerr.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11