Jun 23, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Adams, about to turn 67 and excited about an opportunity to move back to his home state of California, today accepted an offer from Golden State to join Steve Kerr’s Warriors staff.
The Warriors – Clippers pending – might have the best assistant-coaching staff in the NBA.
Gentry, especially since working under Mike D’Antoni with the Suns, is a strong offensive coach. Adams is a strong defensive mind. They should complement each other well and give Kerr a good chance to succeed.
I had – and still have – plenty of questions about Kerr, but the Warriors are backing him well.
Boston will surely miss Adams, but he at least already helped Brad Stevens adjust to the NBA. Even if the Celtics can’t replace him with a coach of the same caliber, they at least already got that value from Adams.
Now, Adams can help do the same for Kerr.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12