Jun 23, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Adams, about to turn 67 and excited about an opportunity to move back to his home state of California, today accepted an offer from Golden State to join Steve Kerr’s Warriors staff.
The Warriors – Clippers pending – might have the best assistant-coaching staff in the NBA.
Gentry, especially since working under Mike D’Antoni with the Suns, is a strong offensive coach. Adams is a strong defensive mind. They should complement each other well and give Kerr a good chance to succeed.
I had – and still have – plenty of questions about Kerr, but the Warriors are backing him well.
Boston will surely miss Adams, but he at least already helped Brad Stevens adjust to the NBA. Even if the Celtics can’t replace him with a coach of the same caliber, they at least already got that value from Adams.
Now, Adams can help do the same for Kerr.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 3
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 18
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7