Jun 23, 2014, 1:01 AM EST
There has been a buzz around the league for a while that the Knicks have been looking for a way to trade into the bottom of the first round somehow.
What are they dangling out there to interest teams?
Iman Shumpert, So reports Marc Stein at ESPN.
The Thunder tend not to trade their picks, thinking they have the system to develop players, and that has worked out well with Jeremy Lamb and Reggie Jackson. They are more likely to keep this pick than trade it.
But I’d be surprised in one team doesn’t jump at the potential of Shumpert, if that deal is really out there on the table. For all his regression and flaws, Shumpert is likely better than anyone you find at the bottom of the first round (although I do like Hairston). Besides, it’s one year before he’s a restricted free agent, if it doesn’t work out let another team poach him with an offer.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 4
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13