Jun 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
If you were waiting until today for Carmelo Anthony to officially terminate the final year of his contract, stop holding your breath.
He already did.
Chris Herring of The Wall Street Journal:
Melo still won’t become a free agent until July 1, though teams can certainly reach him through certain channels earlier. His June 23 deadline – contractually agreed upon as an alternative to the standard June 30 – serves only to give the Knicks more notice.
But if they didn’t already know Melo’s plan, they haven’t been listening.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30