Jun 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
If you were waiting until today for Carmelo Anthony to officially terminate the final year of his contract, stop holding your breath.
He already did.
Chris Herring of The Wall Street Journal:
Melo still won’t become a free agent until July 1, though teams can certainly reach him through certain channels earlier. His June 23 deadline – contractually agreed upon as an alternative to the standard June 30 – serves only to give the Knicks more notice.
But if they didn’t already know Melo’s plan, they haven’t been listening.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 0
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10