Jun 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
If you were waiting until today for Carmelo Anthony to officially terminate the final year of his contract, stop holding your breath.
He already did.
Chris Herring of The Wall Street Journal:
Melo still won’t become a free agent until July 1, though teams can certainly reach him through certain channels earlier. His June 23 deadline – contractually agreed upon as an alternative to the standard June 30 – serves only to give the Knicks more notice.
But if they didn’t already know Melo’s plan, they haven’t been listening.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18