Jun 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
If you were waiting until today for Carmelo Anthony to officially terminate the final year of his contract, stop holding your breath.
He already did.
Chris Herring of The Wall Street Journal:
Melo still won’t become a free agent until July 1, though teams can certainly reach him through certain channels earlier. His June 23 deadline – contractually agreed upon as an alternative to the standard June 30 – serves only to give the Knicks more notice.
But if they didn’t already know Melo’s plan, they haven’t been listening.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 13
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 5
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22