Jun 23, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Dario Saric was not a “draft and stash” Euro in this class. He’s a 6’10” guy with point-forward skills with a very high hoops IQ who scouts have watched for years. Saric has impressive ball handling skills for his size, great scoring instincts (in the post and in transition), plus he can pass. He’s a player with a lot of potential.
One that will stay in Europe for a couple more years.
This could impact his draft stock. DraftExpress.com has Saric going at No. 11 to the Nuggets, pretty much every mock draft has him in the lottery, but if you take him now you have to be patent for a couple of years.
That could see him fall a little as teams in the lottery tend to be looking for guys who can help sooner rather than later, and Saric is now definitely later. But if he continues to develop — gets stronger, gets a more polished jumper — he could be a steal for whoever drafts him farther down the board.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20