Jun 23, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Dario Saric was not a “draft and stash” Euro in this class. He’s a 6’10” guy with point-forward skills with a very high hoops IQ who scouts have watched for years. Saric has impressive ball handling skills for his size, great scoring instincts (in the post and in transition), plus he can pass. He’s a player with a lot of potential.
One that will stay in Europe for a couple more years.
This could impact his draft stock. DraftExpress.com has Saric going at No. 11 to the Nuggets, pretty much every mock draft has him in the lottery, but if you take him now you have to be patent for a couple of years.
That could see him fall a little as teams in the lottery tend to be looking for guys who can help sooner rather than later, and Saric is now definitely later. But if he continues to develop — gets stronger, gets a more polished jumper — he could be a steal for whoever drafts him farther down the board.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15