Jun 23, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Dario Saric was not a “draft and stash” Euro in this class. He’s a 6’10” guy with point-forward skills with a very high hoops IQ who scouts have watched for years. Saric has impressive ball handling skills for his size, great scoring instincts (in the post and in transition), plus he can pass. He’s a player with a lot of potential.
One that will stay in Europe for a couple more years.
This could impact his draft stock. DraftExpress.com has Saric going at No. 11 to the Nuggets, pretty much every mock draft has him in the lottery, but if you take him now you have to be patent for a couple of years.
That could see him fall a little as teams in the lottery tend to be looking for guys who can help sooner rather than later, and Saric is now definitely later. But if he continues to develop — gets stronger, gets a more polished jumper — he could be a steal for whoever drafts him farther down the board.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14