Jun 23, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Dario Saric was not a “draft and stash” Euro in this class. He’s a 6’10” guy with point-forward skills with a very high hoops IQ who scouts have watched for years. Saric has impressive ball handling skills for his size, great scoring instincts (in the post and in transition), plus he can pass. He’s a player with a lot of potential.
One that will stay in Europe for a couple more years.
This could impact his draft stock. DraftExpress.com has Saric going at No. 11 to the Nuggets, pretty much every mock draft has him in the lottery, but if you take him now you have to be patent for a couple of years.
That could see him fall a little as teams in the lottery tend to be looking for guys who can help sooner rather than later, and Saric is now definitely later. But if he continues to develop — gets stronger, gets a more polished jumper — he could be a steal for whoever drafts him farther down the board.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8