Jun 23, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
Savannah James is learning the hard way that when her husband is a free agent anything and everything — regardless of intent — gets blown out of proportion.
Every summer LeBron and Savannah and their children go back to Akron, Ohio, to LeBron’s home there. It’s where they spend part of their time, and like anyone who gets to go home/go on vacation, Savannah was excited.
So, she posted the above on Instagram with the caption: “Home sweet home!! The countdown is real! #330”
However, LeBron can (and very well may) opt out of his contract with the Heat this summer. There are still fans in Cleveland (and some around the nation) under the delusional belief that LeBron is going to return to the Cavaliers when he does to play next to Kyrie Irving. And they saw Savannah’s post and took it as LeBron making his decision.
Nope. Starting with ESPN and then just about every source that knows LeBron and family shot down the rumor. By the way, LeBron has not enrolled his children in a Cleveland area school, either.
While some teams around the league are planning just in case, nobody I’ve spoken to really expects LeBron James is going to leave Miami. Certainly not for Cleveland.
I’ll put it this way — if you were in LeBron’s shoes who would you trust more: Dan Gilbert to build a winning organization or Pat Riley to recruit more players to come to Miami?
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 4
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4