Jun 23, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
Savannah James is learning the hard way that when her husband is a free agent anything and everything — regardless of intent — gets blown out of proportion.
Every summer LeBron and Savannah and their children go back to Akron, Ohio, to LeBron’s home there. It’s where they spend part of their time, and like anyone who gets to go home/go on vacation, Savannah was excited.
So, she posted the above on Instagram with the caption: “Home sweet home!! The countdown is real! #330″
However, LeBron can (and very well may) opt out of his contract with the Heat this summer. There are still fans in Cleveland (and some around the nation) under the delusional belief that LeBron is going to return to the Cavaliers when he does to play next to Kyrie Irving. And they saw Savannah’s post and took it as LeBron making his decision.
Nope. Starting with ESPN and then just about every source that knows LeBron and family shot down the rumor. By the way, LeBron has not enrolled his children in a Cleveland area school, either.
While some teams around the league are planning just in case, nobody I’ve spoken to really expects LeBron James is going to leave Miami. Certainly not for Cleveland.
I’ll put it this way — if you were in LeBron’s shoes who would you trust more: Dan Gilbert to build a winning organization or Pat Riley to recruit more players to come to Miami?
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 9
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 7
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0