Jun 23, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
Savannah James is learning the hard way that when her husband is a free agent anything and everything — regardless of intent — gets blown out of proportion.
Every summer LeBron and Savannah and their children go back to Akron, Ohio, to LeBron’s home there. It’s where they spend part of their time, and like anyone who gets to go home/go on vacation, Savannah was excited.
So, she posted the above on Instagram with the caption: “Home sweet home!! The countdown is real! #330″
However, LeBron can (and very well may) opt out of his contract with the Heat this summer. There are still fans in Cleveland (and some around the nation) under the delusional belief that LeBron is going to return to the Cavaliers when he does to play next to Kyrie Irving. And they saw Savannah’s post and took it as LeBron making his decision.
Nope. Starting with ESPN and then just about every source that knows LeBron and family shot down the rumor. By the way, LeBron has not enrolled his children in a Cleveland area school, either.
While some teams around the league are planning just in case, nobody I’ve spoken to really expects LeBron James is going to leave Miami. Certainly not for Cleveland.
I’ll put it this way — if you were in LeBron’s shoes who would you trust more: Dan Gilbert to build a winning organization or Pat Riley to recruit more players to come to Miami?
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 10
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29