Jun 23, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT
The second half of last season you started to really get a taste of what Enes Kanter can bring to the table — for the season he averaged 12.3 points and 7.5 rebounds a game, he started to show some efficiency and the ability to hit a midrange left side jumper along the baseline consistently.
He’s starting to show shooting range and as that becomes consistent he becomes a bigger threat.
Kanter came into last season off shoulder surgery and had some knee issues, but he’s getting them taken care of and getting some rest, reports Jody Genessy of the Deseret News.
Kanter’s knee will receive an injection of platelet rich plasma to treat quadriceps tendonitis, a common overuse condition in athletes that causes soreness and inflammation above the kneecap…
However, the 22-year-old Kanter has been advised by his doctor that it would be best for his knee to not participate in this summer’s FIBA Basketball World Cup with his Turkish national team.
Platelet rich plasma thearapy is the blood spinning treatment similar to what Kobe Bryant got done to his knees (Kanter is getting the treatment in Chicago).
Kanter had been in training for the World Cup but may now take it off. The Jazz would like that, they want him healthy at the start of camp.
Maybe new coach Quin Snyder can do something crazy like play Kanter and Derrick Favors and Trey Burke and whoever they draft at No. 5 together and let the young players learn together. You know, develop the talent.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 49
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 17
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64