Jun 23, 2014, 4:24 PM EDT
The second half of last season you started to really get a taste of what Enes Kanter can bring to the table — for the season he averaged 12.3 points and 7.5 rebounds a game, he started to show some efficiency and the ability to hit a midrange left side jumper along the baseline consistently.
He’s starting to show shooting range and as that becomes consistent he becomes a bigger threat.
Kanter came into last season off shoulder surgery and had some knee issues, but he’s getting them taken care of and getting some rest, reports Jody Genessy of the Deseret News.
Kanter’s knee will receive an injection of platelet rich plasma to treat quadriceps tendonitis, a common overuse condition in athletes that causes soreness and inflammation above the kneecap…
However, the 22-year-old Kanter has been advised by his doctor that it would be best for his knee to not participate in this summer’s FIBA Basketball World Cup with his Turkish national team.
Platelet rich plasma thearapy is the blood spinning treatment similar to what Kobe Bryant got done to his knees (Kanter is getting the treatment in Chicago).
Kanter had been in training for the World Cup but may now take it off. The Jazz would like that, they want him healthy at the start of camp.
Maybe new coach Quin Snyder can do something crazy like play Kanter and Derrick Favors and Trey Burke and whoever they draft at No. 5 together and let the young players learn together. You know, develop the talent.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 3
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11