Jun 23, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
See, Kirilenko is Russian and Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov is Russian. So… there must have been something nefarious happening, like Kirilenko getting paid under the table.
Because they’re Russian. Russian. Did I say Russian?
Nobody ever presented any evidence beyond that, and the complaints faded away.
They might pop up again.
Kirilenko’s 2014-15 salary – $3,326,235 to be exact – might actually match his value. So, the complaints should hopefully remain in the background this time around. (Even if Kirilenko’s perceived value in 2013 – which was, admittedly, higher than his contract – is the more accurate indicator of what he could have been paid).
He’s still a helpful contributor, especially in the Nets’ small-ball rotation. He works closer to the basket offensively and shows less explosiveness defensively now that he’s 33, but his two-way play is still an asset.
Brooklyn is, once again, fortunate to have him.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16