Jun 23, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
See, Kirilenko is Russian and Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov is Russian. So… there must have been something nefarious happening, like Kirilenko getting paid under the table.
Because they’re Russian. Russian. Did I say Russian?
Nobody ever presented any evidence beyond that, and the complaints faded away.
They might pop up again.
Kirilenko’s 2014-15 salary – $3,326,235 to be exact – might actually match his value. So, the complaints should hopefully remain in the background this time around. (Even if Kirilenko’s perceived value in 2013 – which was, admittedly, higher than his contract – is the more accurate indicator of what he could have been paid).
He’s still a helpful contributor, especially in the Nets’ small-ball rotation. He works closer to the basket offensively and shows less explosiveness defensively now that he’s 33, but his two-way play is still an asset.
Brooklyn is, once again, fortunate to have him.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50